Scalibor collar

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
Unicorn
Resident

Scalibor collar

Postby Unicorn » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:45 pm

I am just switching from Advantix to a Scalibor collar for my dog.

Does anyone know if it is waterproof, like in can he swim with it and have a bath?

All information gratefully received.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Scalibor collar

Postby Enrique » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:10 pm

Hi,
Will depend on the manufacturer, some say water proof others water resistant remove for bathing.

Google Scalibor collar waterproof
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:09 pm

Just wondering why you would change from Advantix to Scalibor? We have had our dogs in Scalibors for 4-5 years and both have gone down with Leishmania this year, one in the summer, and the other last month (currently under treatment!!) - our vet had already suggested that he thinks Advantix may give better protection than Scalibor .... Of course there is always the proviso that none of them give 100% cover against Leishmania - and he suggests the vaccination AS WELL ! So from now we are going to go for the vaccination AND Advantix :crazy: still with no guarantee of total protection :thumbdown:
We were assured that Scalibor is waterproof and not to worry about the dogs swimming with the collar on.
At least with prompt treatment our dogs are doing very well now. :thumbup:

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:27 pm

Just really as he had been with Advantix for years. I was planning to winter with scalibor and then go back to advantix for the spring summer time. The vet assured me there was at least 4 months cover for all things. Anyway, the old boy doesn't go far these days. The dog, not the vet.
We live in a flat and he doesn't run in the countryside now. I would maybe not even risk the sea as his back legs ar not what they were. No pain, just old age!