This is what Hell looks like

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

This is what Hell looks like

Postby oliveview01 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:26 pm

http://www.canalsur.es/noticias/andaluc ... 59280.html

Truly awful. I was told some puppies died there over Christmas, I wonder if they were the pups in one of the ´rooms´ Our neighbour adopted a small dog from there in December, she was in one hell of a state, skin and bone, just a large Chihuahua sized dog, she weighed 3.5 kg, in 2 weeks she is now 4.5kg a shiney coat, happy and full of life. Thank god we did not get to see the other dogs, I do not think I could have coped. I had seen a photo of the little dog on the internet and as my neighbour wanted a small dog I thought of her, thank goodness I did.

I had been told this place was not nice, I was not expecting it to be as bad as the tv report today showed. I just hope the dogs there can be helped and not just now put down to get rid of them.

kexon
Resident

Re: This is what Hell looks like

Postby kexon » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:53 pm

Truly awful about sums it up,sadly have seen similar from other countries as well as Spain.How anyone can have animals in these circumstances I shall never understand.I wonder where those still living have been taken?Poor things.Were the owners actually selling these animals to the public!It just beggars belief.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:15 am

Tomorrow, 17th January, Seprona and the Guardia Civil are supposed to be going in to the refuge and taking out all the dogs- future unknown

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:49 pm

There is a bit of a commotion about this on Facebook too ... I will try to post a couple of links, but basically there is a rally at the Refuges gates tomorrow Saturday at 9 am, Finca Peralta, Bormujos. And volunteers are asked to bring cleaning material ... seems a bit late for cleaning the area out if all the dogs are to be taken out by the Sopora???
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
https://www.facebook.com/events/619160354803799/
https://www.facebook.com/ShameOfSpain?fref=ts
This comment was on 15 January, though apparently appeals for help have been going on since mid December ...
""Spanish Animal Defenders - S.A.D Just so you know Lucía Ulloa Linde is an administrator on the Sevilla's town hall page and is deleting all comments, because no one wants to take responsibility for this *beep* hole they call "a shelter". Even though the kennels come under Sevilla's jurisdiction she claims it has nothing to do with the City!!!! She also claims she is an animal lover! I will leave that for you to judge.....""

Oliveview, I think you are closest ... does your Protectora know about the action and the petitions going on? Also, there is the request for help to "convert" the Perrera (I thought it was a Protectora??) to a Refuge ..... perhaps someone else is willing to take on the installations and make it into a proper Refuge rather than a death-camp?

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:07 pm

Hells teeth! These type of situations infuriate me,its the blame game,we didn't know,its not our fault etc etc.What's the point of some of these organisations and why are they never held accountable.I feel sorry for any animal in these situations,particularly the Perro de agua at the back ,as the owner of three ,we have soft spot for them.It still concerns me as to what they are going to do with these highly stressed malnourished dogs,who will need a lot of TLC and vet care.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:42 pm

The latest news on the internet is the Guardia Civil went in today, the report said the dogs were all healthy and the place was clean!! It is closed to visitors. Some people are trying to get some of the dogs out, either to be adopted, fostered or into residential care.

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:38 am

Try this web site its a well known rescue dog shelter ace-charity.or.They have a petition you can sign.I don't have any association with them,too far away.I Would like to say I can't believe the police are denying this,but unfortunately I can.

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:03 pm

Apologies,I seem to have word salad today.Website is .org.It appears this place may have been a killing station,all dogs/puppies dumped together survival of the fittest,little water or food given and when it is you they have to fight for it,sadly once again not uncommon.Its about time those in power did something about the lack of animal care.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:49 pm

There is a facebook group- For the Love of Dogs and Cats - also a web page, www.fortheloveofdogsandcats.org (I think that is it) they are trying to get as many dogs fostered/adopted or into residencias as possible. They have been told that the puppies have been taken out and are now safe.
No workers were allowed in yesterday while the demonstration was going on, so 4 dogs that were due to be adopted yesterday could not be collected. The workers were allowed in to clean and feed the dogs once the demonstration was over. Then last night, an idiot got in and opened the gates and let out a load of dogs- what the hell that was supposed to acheive, other than put dogs lives in more danger, out on the street in the dark and rain due. :shock: Most of the dogs were caught. :thumbup:
Around 36 dogs are due out via For the Love of Dogs and Cats in the next week. :clap: :clap:
Mairena is a place where dogs are put down if their time is up there- ill too. :thumbdown: When we collected our neighbours little dog I took her for a short walk along the lane and when we returned to the perrera gate to our car the little dog went crazy, trying to get away, she was terrified. As we were getting into our car a van arrived with a small dog looking out the tiny wondow, his eyes bright and excited- I sat and cried, it was all so sad.
There is an online petition to sign on change.org, over 32,000 have signed it already- I can´t add the link here though, sorry.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:57 pm

http://www.change.org/es/peticiones/spa ... de-mairena

This should be the petition- please sign!!

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:51 pm

Thanks for the info and links to sign petition.Thank heavens another rescue centre can help out and hopefully find some new homes for the dogs,poor things.I can understand why you were upset over the other dog being taken in,it would have upset me in the same way,its ruddy awful.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:11 am

The last info is that 50-60 rotting bodies of dogs were found at the hell hole of a place, also the Guardia Civil have said no dogs are allowed in the place now. Hopefully that means forever.
The photo of the dead dogs was not a pretty sight.
There is a big effort now to find homes for the dogs from that place. Some had been ´reserved´ for adoption/foster and money had been paid for release fees, vaccinations etc..... so the association thhat was getting the dog out is trying to find who has the dogs that were being adopted, or if they are in a refuge elsewhere. It is all such a muddle. I hope everything goes right in the end for the dogs.

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:22 pm

Good grief.The website I previously mentioned has some info in the diary section which says they and others have previously tried to shut this place down,that the conditions and treatment of the animals is not an isolated case. The good news is that many of the rescue centres along the coast are working together to do what they can to help.The website also has a link to sign the petition,hopefully although its of no help to the dead dogs at least it may help some of the living to a healthy and far happier life,fingers crossed it has also raised awareness for many.