Pet-friendly hotels?

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
rafiki
Resident

Pet-friendly hotels?

Postby rafiki » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:58 am

No, I'm not looking for one but need to know the form once I get there.

My German Short Haired Pointer and I are going to a show and have a booking for the night. I've never taken a pet to an hotel before. I'm sure that hotels vary but, in general, apart from the obvious 'don't poop or pee indoors and don't bite the other guests', what is expected of us and what can we expect from the hotel? My boy is very friendly and very house trained. He normally sleeps in a large bed with his Boxer sister but I can take one of the rugs from that with us.

Any tips and pointers (woops, sorry for the pun) would be appreciated.
Brian.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Pet-friendly hotels?

Postby Enrique » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:31 am

Hi rafiki,
The dog friendly ones I've used..........Just took the "indoor " dog's kit up to the room and he slept and stayed there when we went for supper.
The "outdoor" dogs stayed in the van in the garage...They never settle in strange rooms, as they would back home.

Nobody took their dogs to any Public areas. ie eating/bar areas in the hotels.

That's about it, have a good trip..........
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:55 am

Thanks Enrique. The trouble with Río is he is still quite young and sometimes he can be a bit destructive if left alone. I guess the best will be to pop him into the back of the Land Rover while I eat. He's always happy in the car.
Brian.

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:02 pm

On my last road trip to UK with dog we used pet friendly hostel and a hotel. Both times madam slept in the room on her bed and I left her there when out. She is no trouble at all except she has a tendency to hop onto a bed if given the chance. She is small and travels in the car in her cage so can use it in the room if needs be. I never saw any dogs in the public areas unless passing through on a lead and one with muzzle too. He was a big lad.

Good luck at the show.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:27 pm

Thanks Val. Good point about the cage. I'll fish it out as we bought it for Lulu and never used it. Possibly it will be too small for The Lump but worth a try. He doesn't need to travel in it but it might be good for the room. It folds down flat.

Only taking him to the show to teach him what he should be capable of instead of lolloping across the fields after egrets and sparrows or standing barking at storks!
Brian.