Another Doggy story.

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Another Doggy story.

Postby katy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:29 pm

Just back from the caribbean. there was a female dog living on the beach outside the Hotel. Seems well fed by guests and sleeps on under an overhang from a restaurant. You could see holes where it had dug to sleep. I realised it was quite well fed when I gave it bacon one morning after a late breakfast and it spit it out. A couple who fed it regularly went home a few days before us and it walked the beach all day looking for them. Someone has bought it a water bowl and left it near the beach shower. It also wears a collar, I thought was a flea collar. It looks as if it is having pups as it's dangly bits are low.

One day one of the beach bums with dreadlocks tried to chase it, think he was just showing off. The normally docile, waggly tailed dog bared it's teeth and turned into the hound of the Baskervilles. I assume the Guy has messed with it before. Of course I intervened and told the guy to back off which he did when I stood my ground :twisted: OH said FFS I thought we came to chill out :lol:

So on arriving home I felt sad about the dog. Thought about doing something about it by paying for her to be spayed. Done some research today and have found out she has been spayed. An American couple paid and another couple took her 2 pups to Arizona. There is an active animal org. there and they provided the red collar to show she has been neutered. She is a lovely dog.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Re: Another Doggy story.

Postby oliveview01 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:07 pm

Well done Katy!!! A lady after my own heart!!!