Permit for Raptors

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
Nignoy
Tourist

Permit for Raptors

Postby Nignoy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:49 am

just a question , we are hoping to move to Mojacar latest October this year from , the situation is this, I am a retired zoo curator and fourth generation Falconer, while we have been in Australia, my birds have been with falconer friends in Germany, when we are settled in we would like to bring a couple of the bigger birds to spain, namely apair of European Griffon Vultures (Gyps Vulvus) and a male booted eagle(Aquila Nepalensis), these 3 birds are pensioners I have had them over 30 years and they really are pets, luckily they are kept in free flight 24/7 only get called in when necessary , for feeding and vet checks, who do I contact for the necessary permits, is there a falconers guild or club within 250kms of Mojacor??would be grateful for any information, john

eazbak
Resident

Re: Permit for Raptors

Postby eazbak » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:13 am

You could try Seprona and medio ambiente for info,as a word of advice I suggest you don't ask in Spain for a permit for "raptor" as you are more likely to get arrested than given a permission !

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:54 am

Lots of Spaniards keep raptors for hunting. Contact AECCA They should be able to advise.

(Asociación Española de Cetrería y Conservación de Aves Rapaces)

Code: Select all

http://aecca.org/es/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6&Itemid=2

Chica56
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Chica56 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:12 pm

If you are leaving the birds in free flight I assume you are aware of how keen the spanish are to shoot anything that moves? You might want to research areas (eg protected parts of the Sierrra Cabrera) to identify a safe place for your birds

Nignoy
Tourist

Postby Nignoy » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:43 am

Thanks for the info, will see if I can get in touch with Spanish falconers through the german falcon order