Dry dog food with low protein content

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Dry dog food with low protein content

Postby oliveview01 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:17 pm

One of our little dogs had problems with his bladder, poor little lad could not pee, so off to the vet, he had a urine sample taken and tested and was given a scan- he has grit in his bladder. He is now on low protein dog food. Been looking on line, to see if it is any cheaper. Does anyone here buy their dog special low protein food on line and if so, where?

Gasman
Resident

Re: Dry dog food with low protein content

Postby Gasman » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:33 pm

Hi - our german shepherd has had a slightly deficient kidney function related to her Leishmania, so is currently on Royal Canin Renal dry food, which is low protein. We have had it from MedicAnimal but it comes from the Netherlands (possibly via the UK) and took quite a few days to get here, then via Seur which in our area is hopelessly bad at delivering stuff ... so we tried www.thepetshopboys.es who use Halcourier and send from Barcelona - much more efficient, much better delivery and much the same price.
Hope your little chap soon gets sorted - :thumbup:

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:34 pm

I tried to look at thepetshopboys.es website but whichever way I try to get into it I get a message saying the site is not safe :shock:

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:00 pm

Hi oliveview01,
Works ok for me in IE 11, Palemoon and Chrome, what Anti-virus are you running......... :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:25 am

we have used thepetshopboys.es site several times, and look up prices on it from time to time - never had any difficulty getting into the site, our anti-virus etc doesn't see any problem with it, and in fact their payment system is very secure ... Perhaps they are doing something to correct the Heartbleed problem at present ... should be sorted by now? Try them again. I just tried it and had no warnings. :thumbup: