New Shop for Axarquia Animal Rescue

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
IreneD
Andalucia Guru

New Shop for Axarquia Animal Rescue

Postby IreneD » Sun May 25, 2014 12:26 pm

For anyone in the Axarquia area who would like to help a brilliant organisation, Axarquia Animal Rescue - they are opening a shop in Torre del Mar soon and are looking for items to sell in the shop. I can put you in contact with the people who are going to run it, PM me!

This will be the shop

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Re: New Shop for Axarquia Animal Rescue

Postby IreneD » Sun May 25, 2014 6:44 pm

More info on the shop:-

We thought it important to explain to everyone why it is so vital for us to open our own Charity Shop. As you will all know, we are very, very low on funds and struggle each month to pay our vet bills. We do numerous fundraising events, auctions and markets and have to rely on the income from these plus the donations from our wonderful supporters.
We need to look to the future to have a regular stream of income coming in. We firmly believe that the shop will provide this for the long term. A wonderful supporter (who wishes to remain anonymous) has loaned us money to start up the shop – there are unavoidable costs in getting it up and running – such as the licence, rent, security deposits, insurance and fixtures and fittings. They are not charging us any interest BUT, understandably will need the money back – as much as they would love to they are not in a position to make the money a gift! Our arrangement for the repayment of this interest free loan is that we will begin repayment once the shop is in profit. None of our ‘usual’ income will be used to finance the shop and none of the donations that we receive for our various appeals will be used either. The shop will support itself and the loan repayments. We really hope that all monies will be repaid to our supporter within the first few months. This will then leave us in a position where all the shop profits will give us a new revenue stream. We are also hoping to have a number of businesses donate money for specific items and receive advertising in return.
At the moment,, because our finances are so low, we are unable to take on any new cases unless we can find a sponsor for them. Once we have this additional income stream from the shop then, hopefully, we will be able to help many, many more animals.
We have grown extremely fast in the past couple of years – we will only be 3 years old in August. We have achieved amazing results – nearly 900 animals rehomed to date. We have to find a way of securing a steady income so that we can continue to do what we do. The shop is a long term strategy for making sure we have the funds that we need to carry on our work and secure our future.
We are hoping to open the shop 12th June.
If anyone would like to volunteer to work in the shop or has items to donate that we can then sell, we would love to hear from you.

Here is the website, http://www.axarquianimalrescue.com/

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun May 25, 2014 7:15 pm

I hope they do well particularly as there is an animal rescue shop, run by APARiV, almost just around the corner from the new shop.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Sun May 25, 2014 10:16 pm

I hope they do too, Gerry. I wonder if they are aware of the APARiV shop.........I'm not really involved, I just know some of the AAR people.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Sun May 25, 2014 10:51 pm

Great, I wish you all the luck in the world, the local one to us has a shop now, and its doing well, every bit helps :) they also have a paypal account where anyone like myself can donate if they so wish :)
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Sun May 25, 2014 11:14 pm

Thanks, Julie - they do an amazing job, so I really hope the shop brings them in much needed funds. They also have the donate by Paypal option, details on the website :)