ANY EXCELLENT VETS AROUND

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
patricia
Andalucia Guru

ANY EXCELLENT VETS AROUND

Postby patricia » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:20 pm

Having just gone through the roller coaster ride with a cat suffering from Kidney disease, it was hard to find a vet who was proactive in dealing with the many issues involved in this disease.

I wondered if anyone else has treated a cat with Kidney disease and found a vet willing to work with you through all the symptoms which arise because of it, I unfortunately found sadly the opposite with poor blood work being done which didnt give a full picture and basically a lack of interest.

I went to three vets in the end from Torre del Mar to Nerja but I wondered if anyone had a recommendation, but I don't mean the average vet, I mean an excellent vet who is not only knowledgeable but also proactive and compassionate.
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: ANY EXCELLENT VETS AROUND

Postby katy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:04 pm

http://clinicaveterinariaelviria.es

Will probably be too far away for you but I would absolutely recommend him. Hector is the one you need to see. A lovely person and went above expectations.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:13 pm

Thanks for that, now it would not have been too far if I had known how complacent the vets in this area seem to be.

I would have been willing to have traveled to Marbella. I did consider someone in Marbella because in the end I had to google a veterinarian dermatologist because all I kept being told was that it was a uremia itch he had - when my poor boy was scratching himself to bits - with not even a cytology being done so how would they know that. I did not take my cat down because of the heat, but I took samples photographs and videos and he was able to work from that and indeed the itching did clear up. I did see a dermatologist in Marbella, a team of vets which would have been better but in heat I thought I would go to someone a little nearer.

Thanks for that Kate it is nice to know there are some dedicated vets around.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:14 pm

Thanks for that, now it would not have been too far if I had known how complacent the vets in this area seem to be.

I would have been willing to have traveled to Marbella. I did consider someone in Marbella because in the end I had to google a veterinarian dermatologist because all I kept being told was that it was a uremia itch he had - when my poor boy was scratching himself to bits - with not even a cytology being done so how would they know that. I did not take my cat down because of the heat, but I took samples photographs and videos and he was able to work from that and indeed the itching did clear up. I did see a dermatologist in Marbella, a team of vets which would have been better but in heat I thought I would go to someone a little nearer.

Thanks for that Kate it is nice to know there are some dedicated vets around.

littleeak
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby littleeak » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:31 pm

again Almunecar is probably too far ...................... but if not these are fantastic vets.

http://www.cvetmediterranea.com/

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:48 pm

No Almunejar would not have been to far, it is half an hour from here in the car along the motorway. I would have gone if I had known that.

I will keep those in mind though. Wish I had put this on the forum before.

I have lost my sweet boy now but mainly due to complete complacency. Kidney disease need not be a killer if the symptoms are treated correctly they can live on sometimes for years depends on age and other variables of course, but you have to have a vet who is pro-active and who will work with you to counteract the symptoms, sadly I didnt get that.

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:13 pm

Many years ago we used an excellent vet in Competa, Danish,named Jens.I do not know if still in practice as near retirement age,but well worth a trip to find out.A first class vet with at least thirty years experience,couldn't recommend him enough!

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:17 pm

Some one did tell me there was a good vet in Competa, very kind compassionate person. I will look into that I still have one cat so will be looking for a good vet. Thanks for that :thumbup:

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: ANY EXCELLENT VETS AROU

Postby El Cid » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:03 pm

Call Expedito Cabra in Nerja on 952 52 1838. Or 60982941 http://www.clinicaveterinariasanfernando.net/

We have used him for 13 years and highly recommend him.

Sid

ebbnflow
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ebbnflow » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:34 pm

Another one we've used over many years as have numerous people we know. Genuine animal lovers that give a great service.

http://www.vetaxarquia.es/

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:42 pm

Before recommending the vet we use, Patricia, it would be helpful to know which vets you have found lacking. PM me if you would rather not broadcast it.