Using a' Dog Courier' to transport a dog from Spain to UK..?

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Using a' Dog Courier' to transport a dog from Spain to UK..?

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:29 pm

I know I've seen this subject discussed before on A.Com, but can anyone offer me up-to-date advice about this..?

I would be grateful for any advice , recommendations of companies Etc.

The dog ( A Podenco Puppy) would be travelling from Granada Province to North Yorkshire..Hopefully.

Many Thanks,
Regards,
Gordon... :wave:

ValL
Resident

Re: Using a' Dog Courier' to transport a dog from Spain to U

Postby ValL » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:43 pm

I know nothing about them other than Galgos del Sol mentioned them and had used them to transport a dog. http://www.alstrays.com/transport.

detourer
Resident

Postby detourer » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:56 pm

Jacqui Ross at Last Chance Rescue sends recued dogs to the UK [and more] almost weekly...... flights and overland.......AND is 100% legal etc etc...........

Go to the grave in an attractive and well preserved body? Rather skid in sideways, women on each arm, champagne and credit card in each hand, body thoroughly used, abused, totally worn out and screaming …."WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE"

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:06 pm

Hi BENIDORM,
I've used this Pet Courier twice now....last time was 24th July this year.

http://www.petchauffeur.eu/

Would use again, so gets my recommendation .

The big thing is getting the dates and Vets Stamps all correct in the Pets Passports as I've mentioned on the Brittany Ferries Threads .
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Chica56
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Chica56 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:34 pm

I have used these people, and know that many charities also use them. You are given a tracker so always know exactly where the dog is...

http://fortheloveofdogsandcatstransport.com/about/

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:30 am

Team A.Com......Thank you very much for all of your advice, really appreciated. :thumbup:

I am surprised at how many different types of pet couriers are available, and I now have good information to work with.

I have taken dogs back to UK in my own transport, no problem but it could be a much better solution using the courier services...
Thanks again everyone.!

Regards,
Gordon.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:40 am

Another user of For the Love of Dogs and Cats Brilliant service- they do all the paperwork- helps a great deal, they have a tracker too, so you can follow the progress. We have used them 7 times in the last 6 months and will be using them 3 more times in the next 2 months. Antonio is brilliant with the dogs- the transport clean and plenty of room, no squashing cages in everywhere. We had one very nervous dog go off from the refuge, Antonio was totally brilliant with Celeste, her adoptive Mum said he did not rush to get her out of the cage, he took him time to persuade her to get out. They give the dogs plenty of rest stops and small meals on the trip too.

I would even transport my dogs with them if I needed to (and hubby!!)