Dry Cat Food

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
Buffy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Dry Cat Food

Postby Buffy » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:03 pm

Hello,
Can anyone recommend good quality (but cheap) dry cat food for my rescues? Round about the Torrox area. I usually prefer to buy 15 kilo bags . Or does anyone order theirs on line? Also can anyone tell me where I can get Purina Proplan 7+ for older moggies? Thanking you :)

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Dry Cat Food

Postby Wicksey » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:16 pm

Not sure I have seen such large bags of catfood here, perhaps someone else locally knows of a stockist.

We tend to buy Friskies or Brekkies as it isn't the very cheapest (ie from Lidl) but then not the most expensive. We have had cats with kidney problems in the past so don't want to give then the very cheapest supermarket brands.

We tend to keep an eye on the Carrefour offers (currently 3x2 on Brekkies, usually 8.10€ for 4kgs but reduces to 5.40€ a bag when you buy 3). The cheapest place for Friskies I have found is Mercadona who charge something like 4.50 for 3kgs.

One of our cats needs Purina One food for delicate stomachs and I can only get it at Carrefour (also currently on 3x2 offer so worth the trip for me). I have seen the Ultra food for older cats I think in Eroski in El Ingenio - tends to be around 8€ for 1.5kg.

May be cheaper for you to order from somewhere online if you want to buy in bulk. I have never bought any catfood online so if you find any bargains let me know!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:35 pm

Hi Buffy,
I used to buy my dog food from this site..............

http://piensosnaturales.com/en/31-cats

Only stopped when the only option was SEUR delivery.............. :evil: for my location.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:34 am

Well Buffy whatis wrong with Tuna and Sardines ? :)
However Aldi perhaps ? there is a pet warehouse type place on the Polígono La Pañoleta in Velez which might be better for a big purchase, they may well stock the Purina stuff too. There is a German owned pet food shop on Torrox Costa it is not the cheapest place in creation.
Some of the internet outlets ship free, we get Hills stuff for the mog from one such, it is actually couriered from the UK F.O.C. and is a good price, about a third of what the vet wants.

the TD is nectar :clap:

Buffy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Buffy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:53 pm

Wicksey, Enrique and Lyric,

Top info as ever.Thanks. Things must be going well if we're getting down to this level of detail. The mob are going to love Spain. Lyric, care to share the website? Or do I have to bribe you? :shh:

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:56 pm

Dave

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:28 pm

We have dogs - sorry - but have used ThePetShopBoys (based in Barcelona) and never had any problems with their service online. Try this page for starters:
http://www.thepetshopboys.es/catalogsea ... cturer=913
They also have a way of helping various protectoras - see the following link:
http://www.thepetshopboys.es/ayuda_protectoras_animales
Hope you find the right stuff at the right price for your mogs! :thumbup:

Buffy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Buffy » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:54 pm

Well that's her indoors sorted. So good to know. Brilliant! Thanks Gasman :wave: I always quite liked The Pet Shop Boys. I have dogs to btw :thumbup: