Sacrificing Dogs at Diputación de Huelva Perrera

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
Gasman
Resident

Sacrificing Dogs at Diputación de Huelva Perrera

Postby Gasman » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:11 pm

Things have come to a head with the intransigence of whoever it is at the Diputación de Huelva that is supposed to manage their Perrera (Dog Pound) - after putting down 20 (yes, twenty) dogs yesterday with no previous advice to the Protectora who has been involved, since its opening over two years ago, with getting dogs out into foster and forever-homes, they are somewhat surprised and affronted at the ensuing uproar that the On-line community of dog rescue associations and individuals at this barbarity. Their response has been to disallow any access for the Rescue group to the Perrera, deny any possibility of future adoptions - except they say, by individuals turning up at the Pound, complete all the necessary paperwork, provide passports, along with a vet with microchip, vaccinations etc ... at the gate of the Pound!! Basically they are condemning the population of dogs (now numbering around 180 for a site prepared for 75 initially) to a life of misery terminated by an ignominious end by "sacrifice" as they so sweetly call Killing. There is an on-line petition with change.org. If anyone would like to sign this petition (sorry it is all in Spanish!) you will find it here http://email.change.org/mpss/c/mQA/SCE/ ... YjIQ-3D-3D

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Re: Sacrificing Dogs at Diputación de Huelva Perrera

Postby oliveview01 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:41 pm

Shared the information on my fb page- I copied your comments and put them there Gasman. It is bl**dy awful isn´t it- When will the idiots in charge of the perrers get their heads out of their ***** and work for the dogs best interests not their interests.
Thank you for telling us, share share and share please folks and sign too

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:34 pm

Signed. It is so sad that people can do this.

avellana
Resident

Postby avellana » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:00 pm

signed and shared

gina59
Resident

Postby gina59 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:49 pm

Signed.
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:45 pm

Thanks for sharing and signing folks - the more people who sign the better ... we are getting all our contacts from UK, France, Holland, Belgium, Italy, Germany, and of course Spain to sign. Last time I looked the change.org petition was over 6,000 and counting. :clap:
OliveView - thanks for your support and understanding - we are fighting it tooth and nail (or claw) and hope we can prevent any more dogs being euthanized.

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:45 pm

Thanks for sharing and signing folks - the more people who sign the better ... we are getting all our contacts from UK, France, Holland, Belgium, Italy, Germany, and of course Spain to sign. Last time I looked the change.org petition was over 6,000 and counting. :clap:
OliveView - thanks for your support and understanding - we are fighting it tooth and nail (or claw) and hope we can prevent any more dogs being euthanized.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:58 pm

Signed. I hope it does some good. I do not know how we can do this to animals. We humans have a lot to answer for :(
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"