Animal mistreatment

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Animal mistreatment

Postby olive » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:56 pm

This brought my blood to the boil from its normal just simmering point.

https://elpais.com/elpais/2017/11/17/in ... 10915.html

I do hope they catch the perpetrators and push them down a cliff with a stick.

Attitudes towards animals is changing but in the campo only slowly. We still have the hunters sweeping the hillsides and shooting anything that moves (usually only small birds up to Thrush size)). Then they have a count up to see who was best and then bin the carcasses.

I haven't seen any (live) partridges with a brass wire round their breast bone for use in attracting wild ones for a few years thankfully.

Came across a desperately thin mastif ( no collar) the other day miles from where I had left the car whilst walking. Went back with some food but it had gone.

Dogs tied up "guarding" installations in groves, Stale bread and a bowl of manky water. I could go on but my blood will only boil again.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Animal mistreatment

Postby katy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:58 pm

This is one of the saddest reports i have read. That puppies face will stay with me for a long time.
http://www.diariosur.es/malaga-capital/ ... 53-nt.html

Manchesteral
Resident

Re: Animal mistreatment

Postby Manchesteral » Thu May 03, 2018 9:48 pm

Mainland Spaniards are, on the whole notorious for their treatment of animals especially hunting dogs and greyhounds, but they're not alone, I was out on an old horse "Rufus" some years ago, just hacking around some local land (with permission) when we encountered some so called hunt sabs who associated us with a drag hunt that was taking place locally, one of them threw a firecracker beneath my horse causing him to rear and almost throw me !! There are some human beings I could happily do harm to !!