Telefonica and the law - David advice plese?

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Jool
Andalucia Guru

Telefonica and the law - David advice plese?

Postby Jool » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:51 pm

This year we suddenly started receiving bills for a number that was not ours, it was only ever the standing charge but Telefonica helped themselves to the funds from our bank account as we have another line with them and they set up the domiciliacion etc, we have never signed anything for this line or authorised any domiciliacion.

I know that Telefonica are a proven law unto themselves but is this legal? They threaten to disconnect our other line if the erroneous bill for the line that is not ours and on which we have, of course, never made calls calls is not paid.......again is this legal?

In exasperation after many months of being told they understand and will not issue further bills etc, yet they still keep on coming every month, I have told them that if they do not actually recognise the above I will denounce them for fraud as they have set up a fake contract and are seeking and taking funds for a service not received and never signed for by anyone at this address.

What is the law re telephone contracts - can they disconnect a line that is fully paid up on basis that another line they allege is our is not paid?

I am sadly becoming ever more convinced that Telefonica constantly seek to take advantage of the non spanish and I am really fed up with it. I have never lived in a country before where Utility companies regularly and routinely lie.......

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Telefonica and the law - David advice plese?

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:19 pm

Pending any other reply have you checked this site:

http://www.usuariosteleco.es/

Failing that write to the director of Telefónica in Gran Vía, Madrid.
Let's go Brandon!

DavidSearl
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby DavidSearl » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:17 pm

FROM DAVID SEARL

FOR JOOL AND BEACHCOMBER

Beachcomber, thank you for that official website of the Ministry, which includes instructions on how to make a complaint or a claim against any phone company. You need written proof. If the company fails to supply it, they are at fault. Ask them for a copy of the contract for the line you never ordered.

Jool, I would also recommend a visit to your nearest OMIC, the "Oficina Municipal de Información al Consumidor" where you should be steered in the right direction.

Good luck with it, David Searl
You and the Law in Spain

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:06 pm

Thank you both for your replies and info. I asked several times for proof of the contract but it never materialised, they have now agreed to baja the line and we are trying to get monies refunded for 11 months of this year charged for.........perhaps I should mention OMIC now.....its all very irritating and time consuming for something not of my making!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:24 am

When Speaking to Telefonica record your phone calls to them and tell them that that you are doing it.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:31 pm

Sorry to sound naiive but how can I record the phone calls and ensure I get them on record as well as myself?