Paying Spain tax from the UK?

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Nicks
Andalucia.com Amigo

Paying Spain tax from the UK?

Postby Nicks » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:43 pm

I pay my quarterly rental income tax and annual wealth tax (or whatever the new taxation for wealth tax is called now!) through my gestor and I wondered if it is practically possible to process this myself from the UK in future. This year my husband and I each had a bill of only 1 euro 90 for the wealth tax one due in December and we had to pay 60 euros plus VAT each for our gestor to fill in the forms and pay it at the bank for us - which seems ludricous when the bill only amount to under 4 euros in total.
However, we only go to Spain once a year now - and not at the right time to get the forms from the bank and pay the money in, so if possible - how could we do all of this from the UK and save a load on gestor bills?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Paying Spain tax from the UK?

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:04 pm

The payment of patrimonio has been suspended so it is just your rental income tax declarations that you have to do.

You should be able to do this online from the UK but you will need to obtain a digital signature in order to do so.

See here for details:

http://www.cert.fnmt.es/index.php?cha=c ... 34&lang=en
Let's go Brandon!

Nicks
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nicks » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:59 pm

Many thanks for that - how do I access the correct forms and can I pay into the bank from the UK by transfer?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:24 pm

Can you confirm that you are referring to the forms 215 for declaring income tax on the actual rental of an apartment as opposed to the notional tax which is declared annually on form 210?

If so what you are supposed to do is, once you have paid the tax on the actual rental, calculate the number of days that the property wasn't rented and pay the rest of the tax pro rata on form 210.

In any event, forms you need can be found here:

http://www.aeat.es/wps/portal/ListadoCo ... nu=0&img=0
Let's go Brandon!

Nicks
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nicks » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:28 pm

It is form 215 I am referring to - I'll only need to do it next year again, as I have not rented the house out this winter. Once the forms are filled in and I have the electronic signature, to I post it to the bank with payment?
Sorry - I am a real newbie at this as have previously relied on someone else to do it for me!!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:13 pm

Beachcomber wrote:
You should be able to do this online from the UK but you will need to obtain a digital signature in order to do so.
You cannot get the digital signature without being in Spain to confirm your identity.

Sid

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:11 am

No, I realise that but once they have been through the initial procedure for obtaining the digital signature they would presumably be able to submit their tax returns online from the UK with the payments being deducted from their Spanish bank account.

Nicks, if you are going to post the forms to the bank you would not need the digital signature. This is only needed if you are going to do the whole thing online which, as Sid says, would entail a visit to Spain to confirm your identity.

The best thing is to check with your bank that they will handle the forms for you if you post them with authorisation for the payment to be taken from your account.

If you have not rented the house during this year you will only need to submit a form 210 next year (don't forget, one for each person named in the escritura.)
Let's go Brandon!

Nicks
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nicks » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:54 pm

Many thanks for all your help with this - I will give it a go next year! Can I get the blank forms online from somewhere to print off?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:58 am

Yes, from here:

http://www.aeat.es/AEAT/Contenidos_Comu ... od210e.pdf
Let's go Brandon!