Returns policy/contract cancellation

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
aligato
Andalucia.com Amigo

Returns policy/contract cancellation

Postby aligato » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:27 pm

My best prospect for upgrading my campo dial up Internet speed is to go USB modem 3G.

We have good line of sight with a variety of antenna (except Iberbandas!) so a good 3G signal should be possible you would think.

The shop won't (understandably) lend us a 3G phone or modem to try the signal strength beforehand, so my question is If I take out an 18 month contract and find the bandwidth is unnaceptable for the money how do I stand in law over taking the thing back within a reasonable time say a fortnight? Should I provide a written letter with the application stating that I will cancel if the speed is inadequate?

I don't expect say 3meg or even the 7Meg you might get if you live next door to a mast but would expect a minimum of say 750k

Ali

murbisa
Resident

Re: Returns policy/contract cancellation

Postby murbisa » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:38 pm

Would it not be a good idea to borrow a 3g phone from someone for a few days. My vodafone hardly ever picks it up and my moviestar is ok some days and not others. Really needs testing over a period of time.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:12 pm

Hi aligato,
Came across this internet supplier yesterday..........

http://www.axartel.com/

Seem to be based in Malaga.......no info on their site for coverage that I can find :?

Really useful. :roll: "*OFFER IS SUBJECT ON GEOGRAPHIC AVAILABILITY"

Anyone out here using them :?: :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

aligato
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby aligato » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:04 pm

I asked Axartel over a year ago if they cover the Poniente but the answer then was no.

It would be easy enough if they put a transmitter on the top of the Sierra de Loja, Parapanda etc.

I suspect they are focussed on getting customers onto the kit they already have that covers the Axarquia to get return on their investment.

It is however worth a punt so I have asked them again. Thanks Enrique.

A