been Resident for 1 year

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
sheilap
Andalucia.com Amigo

been Resident for 1 year

Postby sheilap » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:04 pm

We have hade our house now for 6 years and had our solicitor pay all our non residence tax (at a price) but should not grumble to loud as it meant we did not have to think too much about it.
We have now given them the sack as we are now permenantly here since last nNovember,I have looked threw some threads and I am not sure what yearly Tax we should pay. My husband recons the town hall will send us the bill,but I'm not so sure.We went to buy a car at the begining of the year and had to go to the town hall to get a form to say we had paid all local taxes and was told that we had not paid the local tax for the last three years. The kind man at the town hall said not to worry as it was their mistake as they had put my husbands NIE number incorectly into the computer,thank goodness it was only 300 euros.they have put that bill now onto DD but what is the Annual tax form we should fill in and where do we get
thanks
Sheila :?

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Re: been Resident for 1 year

Postby Jool » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:02 pm

I think you are referring to the IBI (equivalent of council tax)? If the town hall have put it on to DD you will most likely not receive a bill but the money will leave your bank account any time from September onwards next year.

As a resident you will have to do an income tax annual declaration but as you were only in Spain for maximum of 2 months in 2008 then you do not need to do this until between 1st May and 30 June 2010 for the year 2009........1st January to 31 Dec 09........this is known as La Renta......