Telefonica - special complaint number please?

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Jool
Andalucia Guru

Telefonica - special complaint number please?

Postby Jool » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:36 am

I am sure someone on here once mentioned making complaints against Telefonica to Madrid.... :?:

I have spent the entire day today phoning this pathetic thieving excuse for a business trying to get my line re-connected. I won´t go in to details as I am sick of it but suffice it to say that the bills for my number are 100% up to date and it is another line, NOT belonging to me, that they have decided has debts that should be charged to me as I had that number in the past but did the baja in 2005........and never did the alta again..........nothing makes sense or matches up with anything, not addresses, names on the bill, bills they say I would have received but I never did as the address is not mine,and is not my old address and so on....and some 3 years after doing the baja I am supposed to have done the alta again and thus accumulated bills but I know I did not.

Finally after an extremely trying and frustrating day going around in circles starting with the out of the blue discovery I had no line......I managed to get my line reinstated and persuade Telefonica to accept a reclamacion and actually give me a reference number, but only I think because I phoned their numbers every few minutes repeated the story, made a nuisance of myself and they realised I would not go away and pay a bill that was not mine (over 200 euros) to have my own line, which they agree is fully paid up to date, re-instated.

Prior to that I heard a different version of events from everyone I spoke to..........the situation now is they have to present information and proof to me within the next 15 days as they still claim this other amount is my bill and I know it is not, it is not a number we have here. I cannot bear the prospect of another day like today dealing with lying muppets on the phone who read off a screen and have no interest in customer service so wondered what the actual number in Madrid is for a helpful person to complain to? I spoke to Telefonica in Madrid today and they told me they are proveedores only and do not deal with customers and only 1004 or 900 10 10 10 are customer "service" .

Spoke to OMIC who told me as I am autonomo and line is a business line I cannot use them but can get an abogado oficio from the town hall who will act for me free of charge...........as I am an empresa, but this still leaves me with no line, it was not until after 3 hours of persistent trying constantly phoning customer service number that I found anyone who would accept my reclamacion over the phone and give me a reference number and now past midnight I finally have a line again. I need the internet to be able to run my business.

I googled and simply encountered articles stating that Telefonica are the most complained about company for errors in invoicing and lack of customer service etc......but no one had a direct route to a dept with proper customer service professionals in it.

Please does anyone know? I will be making a denuncia against them as well but will give them their 15 days first. I am not sure my heart will stand the stress of another day like today and I absolutely refuse to be held to ransom by being made to pay a bill that is not mine, that I have never received as they do not have my address as the address for that number, that is a line I have never used (although they say there are call charges on it) simply to get my own line, fully paid up etc, working continuously.

Has anyone else had experience of this daylight robbery hold up by Telefonica? How did you solve it?

julian
Andalucia Guru

Re: Telefonica - special complaint number please?

Postby julian » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:19 am

this came up on a search of one of your previous crusades

http://www.usuariosteleco.es/Paginas/index.aspx

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:30 am

I need the Actual direct complaint line to Telefonica...

Why is refusing to pay a bill that is not mine and wanting the service I have paid and am paying for, a crusade? Because it insults your torrid blinkered love affair with Spain that can accept no fault?

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:33 am

I think it was Beachy who dealt with Madrid. I'm sure he'll be along soon to help.

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:45 am

where did I say this was a crusade?
of course spain has faults, I wouldn´t have looked to the page if i thought spain didn´t have faults,but the world isn´t perfect (and I wouldn´t like it if it was)

if you search through your own previous posts , type in words like " denounce" and "complaints" etc you´ll find the search comes up with loads of info.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:00 pm

One two occasions I have sent letters of complaint to the managing director of Telefónica in Madrid by recorded delivery and both time got my problem sorted out to my satisfaction. If it will help I will look up the letters and give you the name of the person who answered and the exact address to which I wrote.

I looked up the details anyway:

A López
Jefe Servicio al Client
Telefónica de España S.A
Gran Vía 28
28013 Madrid

Sorry, I don't have as telephone number for him. (Probably for obvious reasons)

If you write to him ask for it to be sent 'acuso de recibo' so that you are informed when he has received it. You are more likely to get a reply!
Let's go Brandon!

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:43 pm

Thank you Beach, will get on to him......and will send via acuse de recibo.....if one person can solve problems why don´t they invest in staff training and have a better customer service record?
previous crusades
was the phrase that led me to believe you meant this was a crusade, sorry if I misunderstood Julian...

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:00 pm

I too would follow Beach's advice.
The problem with telefonica is it's Latin American call centres.My wife once phoned to complain and the person who was supposed to be helping her asked her to hang on a moment.He then asked a work-mate what excuse he could fob her off with forgetting to switch off his microphone. His mate told him to say that the computer was down and to phone back later.
We too wrote to a boss and got results quite quickly.
However, We did get a semi unrelated phone call later that afternoon to ask if there was any reason we had been phoning the complaints centre various times that day, So I would keep annoying them on the phone too, to see if you can provoke a reponse too

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:22 pm

Hi Mark,

Yes thank you but it so incredibly frustrating and does not inspire confidence to get so many different versions of events etc.......one thing I cannot stand is lying and Telefonica staff tell lies all the time.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:34 pm

Telefonica could make the sanest of people go loco, unbelievable continual bad service :shh: tell no one :lolno:
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.