License to serve food and drink

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Bluebell
Andalucia.com Amigo

License to serve food and drink

Postby Bluebell » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:59 pm

I have a casa rural and all allowed with my licence to serve food and drink to my guests, but I would like to serve curries on a Friday night to any body. I have spoken to the relevant people in the town hall and they hav e said since I only want to do it once per week to just get on with it, but not to overdo it and *beep* off the other bars.

I'm not entirely happy with this and wonder if anybody knows how to get round this like a legal loophole.

Thanks.
99% practice - 1% theory

Retro P
Resident

Re: License to serve food and drink

Postby Retro P » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:22 pm

Sorry, I don't understand what it is you want to get round?, legal loophole?, if you have permision to do what you have requested what's the problem??
Ah! the full english!!

Bluebell
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Bluebell » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:33 pm

OK RetroP thanks for your reply.

I have verbal permission only and this means NADA if all the other bars and restaurants around me complain to the ayuntamiento. The ayuntamiento will then step away from their word and I'll get a fine (or worse shut down).

I heard of something in the UK where you buy a raffle ticket (for say 18 euros - the price of a menu) and one person wins a pen and everybody gets their indian curry meal.

I'm only doing it once per week, in my house, so I don't think there'll be a problem, but I want to cover all bases.

me entiendes?
99% practice - 1% theory

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:13 pm

OK, I think the problem is that if you want to do it legally you will need all the relevant licences, which would open up a huge can of worms for you, every kind of licence you can think of then some you can't plus, complying with all the local health and safety regulations.
Maybe you could set it up as a "culinary appreciation society" or something similar, other than that I don't have anything to offer, sorry, good luck with it though :think:
Ah! the full english!!

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:18 pm

"allowed with my licence to serve food and drink to my guests"

what exactly does your licence state? It does look as if you have the licence for food,I´m confused too !!

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:19 pm

The key is that the licence allows food and drink to be served to guests staying at the Casa Rural but bluebell wants to offer curry to anyone, ie not necessarily a guest.....

I think the best option is a club that uses your premises for curry appreciation and experimentation once a week, then you can ask for a donation towards ingredients provided! No advertising just word of mouth........and cash

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:39 pm

how about renting them a room for half an hour each, and giving them free dinner incl in the room price !!!
:wink:

Bluebell
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Bluebell » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:22 pm

Ha, ha, ha.

Loving all your ideas.

Yes, I've thought of that too: - saying people are staying in the casa rural etc. Hadn't thought of renting the room for 30 minutes though! Nice one.

The thing is, this is just a germ of an idea and I'm trying to see if it would be a goer before I invest too much money. I could rent some premises, but I only want to do it once a week and have a perfectly adequate patio (right next to my kitchen) so why rent somewhere? If people like it and I like it then I would think of extending it to weekends and eventually to getting some more suitable and separate premises.

I like the idea of the curry appreciation society, I will meditate on this and see what I come up with.

Thanks for all you help. xx
99% practice - 1% theory

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:48 am

You could probably get a few Russian girls who'd rent it for half an hour at a time :lol:
Ah! the full english!!

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:23 pm

that´s when your business really starts mking money and you won´t hav to bother with curry nights to warm up the atmosphere !!