Denuncia against Telefonica for business line - HOW?

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Jool
Andalucia Guru

Denuncia against Telefonica for business line - HOW?

Postby Jool » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:56 pm

I have done reclamaciones and got nowhere, not even an answer, they are all outstanding and some are outside the 15 day period already as well all regarding the same or related issues. Every time I speak to someone from this sham of a business I get a completely different story, I ask for names and they will not give surnames, then when I am asked who told me X they say they need surnames to be able to investigate......and so of course nothing changes. Can we insist on staff surnames? If so how? I really cannot deal with it any more as I am just in floods of tears of frustration as I do not know what I am really dealing with, each call is different and I don´t know how to deal with liars or such complete inconsistency.

Latest is that Telefonica tell me I should denounce the person who must be impersonating me in taking out this other line they say is mine but TELEFONICA made it out to me (at a different address) and they domiciled it in my bank account based on the data they had from my genuine company line and bank account, no one else had this and nobody else has accessed that acount for money so the evidence is clear but T deny it as they do not make errors.

I have NEVER had a bill for this other line (as it is not listed as at my address but somewhere else) but Telefonica have been taking money from my old business account without my knowledge (the bills only appear as Telefonica and I thought they belonged to the ONE line that is mine and was just separate charging for the ADSL special deal). Apparently it seems I did not need to sign anything (which I certainly never did) for this other line nor for it be to be domiciled to my bank account - is this actually legal? The business closed in 2008 and so bills were not paid, I was not told as of course the address is not mine so the letters they say they sent to me have not arrived to me.

I pointed out I cannot denounce just a "someone" so the ever so helpful person told me to just denounce Telefonica but I cannot do that via the Guardia and OMIC say they cannot handle business lines although Telefonica say as an autonomo I can use OMIC. However the problem relates to a line they say belonged to a business.

My genuine line is disconnected now due to unpaid bills on this other line that is not and never was, mine, and guess what? I even have to pay a guarantee deposit for making my own line live again as it has had so many disconnections on it (and all only ever relating to this other line they gave me as they agree my actual line is fully paid up and has been without any disconnections ever!) as Telefonica now sees me as unreliable!!!!!! When I insisted on being told they admitted the other line does not show any outgoing calls on it, however Telefonica assure me this is normal to have a line you pay for but never use!

David - who do I go to please to do the highest level denuncia I can to these thieving *beep*? I am just so upset and so frustrated now and have lost all confidence, my spanish deserts me and I cannot make headway with the link Beach provided before like an Ombudsman and since I have nothing at all in writing from Telefonica and get no consistent info I just do not know where to turn.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Re: Denuncia against Telefonica for business line - HOW?

Postby Jool » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:31 am

Surely someone must have the answer, I cannot believe no one else has had reason to do a denuncia against them?

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:35 am

"who do I go to please to do the highest level denuncia I can to these thieving *beep"

once again Jool, it´s the courts you need, above the courts there is only divine justice, which may take even longer.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:48 am

Justice would be a team of motorcyclists sponsored by these ***** crashing into the only Telefonica building we are allowed to know the address of (I wonder why) in Madrid and destroying the whole sorry lot of them leaving way for a decent company.!

So do I go to the Guardia to do the denuncia or where? I have never done one before. I am not going to let this drop and taking it all the way, in the meantime of course I have to use a borrowed line from someone else as my line that is fully paid for is still disconnected, under threat of permanent disconnection (when it is listed on all my business publicity material).

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:03 am

Stick "denunciar telefonica" in your search engine and have a root around all the Spanish posts, queries, complaints, advice etc that are out there in Spanish fora such as todoexpertos etc.

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:11 am

Here you go....I think denuncias against Telefonica have to go to CMT http://www.cmt.es/cmt_ptl_ext/SelectOption.do

Have a read of http://www.adslnet.es/index.php/2006/08 ... telefnico/

"Por tanto la denuncia debe ir dirigida a la CMT. Ésta de oficia pide un expediente a Telefónica por lo ocurrido y evalúa la resolución.

En la página Web de la CMT encontrareis la dirección para poder dirigir vuestras cartas. Siempre es conveniente, que al menos sea una Carta Certificada con acuse de Recibido. En nuestro caso particular no fue necesario que para notificar nuestra denuncia a la CMT, fuese un Burofax."

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:31 am

Wow - Thanks Hilly but part of the problem is there is no resolution to evaluate as they have not sent me anything at all!! I first did a reclamacion on 1 Feb so they are way outside the 15 days........do I have to wait until I receive an evaluation as I am not sure I will since they give out a different address for the other line that is not mine?

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:33 am

Great links, it sums up Telefonica exactly.......
Telefónica como ente privado y en defensa de sus intereses intentará siempre justificar sus problemas para desgracia del cliente.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:58 am

Did you try this link which I gave some time ago:

http://www.usuariosteleco.es/Paginas/index.aspx
Let's go Brandon!

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:06 am

Hi Beach,

Thanks for re-sending, I Will use that as well, I am going to do denuncias everywhere as I am, as you can probably tell from my post yesterday, at the end of my tether with them...........I literally felt ill with stress and frustration as I just do not know what my rights really are, according to Telefonica none, and I just wish there was a good alternative in my area to them. Its rather like the illegal builds issues, how CAN businesses and Administrations get away with so much corruption and what is effectively legitimised theft from the ordinary person?

pilgrim2
Resident

Postby pilgrim2 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:10 pm

Sorry to be so vague but there is a consumer organisation here in Andalucia not sure if its national, that help with complaints against telefonica (and other businesses), you have to pay a subscription to join them and you get a monthly mag on consumer issues. When we moved here 6 yrs ago someone had a lot of problems with telefonica taking money from a bank account that they should not have. The organisation helped get the money back from telefonica, the person has scince gone back to the UK and I have no contact with them so i cant ask them. May be someone on here can point you in the right direction?

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:30 pm

Defensor del Pueblo?
Dave

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:36 pm

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:19 pm

Thanks, I have already spoken to OMIC but as it is a business line they cannot help me under their statutes apparently.....but I will check out your suggestions just in case....it is no surprise that Telefonica are the most complained about company in Spain.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:56 am

Jool do you think you may be a victim of identity theft?

laclotte
Resident

Postby laclotte » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:12 pm

Jool, I have been a forum member for years but have decided not to participate in the discussions that inevitably ended in a 'slagging match'...I just sit on the side line and watch.
However this is a topic close to my heart - either you are a very good friend of mine (in Granada province) or I know of another identical case of where a really great couple will be selling up shortly...mainly (not only) due to Telefonica. In their absence from Spain they received bills of over EUR 1.000 (per month!) for calls to sex lines. As I mentioned to my friend, and as the last poster has mentioned, is there perhaps not an identity theft?
- You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note -

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:15 pm

Thanks for replies, no I don´t think I am the victim of identity theft as the only company that has done anything or tried to get any money from me is Telefonica and they registered it in the name of my old business account, not my own name, so that is all I have to go on.

Your reply Lac makes two of us then as I am in Almeria not Granada...and Telefonica are incredible, why do they make you the customer prove you have not done anything when surely they should prove you HAVE done it?

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:44 pm

hope it wasn´t this guy using your line Jool !!!

"El arzobispo de Toledo, Braulio Rodríguez, ha cesado al cura párroco de las localidades de Noez y Totanés, que podría haberse gastado unos 17.000 euros en líneas eróticas"

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:18 pm

Apparently not as I have a line again today, nothing has changed though, I give up.......I am trying to change to BT now who assure me I will never again have to deal with Telefonica.......

Saw him on TV though, its a good job he likes himself is all I can say!

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:21 pm

Jool.

Correct. After BT Arrakis take over everything, if you ever cancel the lot it's one phone call to them.
Hope all goes well.
Dave