HOW CAN I LEGALLY RAFFLE MY HOUSE IN ANDALUCIA?

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: HOW CAN I LEGALLY RAFFLE MY HOUSE IN ANDALUCIA?

Postby katy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:09 pm

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20001&p=174197&hilit=selling+house+by+raffle#p174197

we had this topic last year.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:03 pm

Wow, thank you Frank, very detailed but on a very quick read it seems there are loads of additional taxes by raffling your house?

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:18 pm

It seems a minefield,TBH. As he says mountains of paperwork, various taxes, and concludes it´s a game you could win, but more likely will lose. :-(
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:33 pm

Jool wrote:I don´t want to be sitting here miserable in even one year´s time and at these prices it is an absolute bargain....
Have you given consideration to auctioning it? May be a long shot but you can always set a reserve...

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:30 pm

Do you mean like paying a few hundred upfront to that marbella company who claims to sell lots...hey ho, bit more euro down the drain :silent:

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:41 pm

You would need to have better auction companies over that way than the couple that set up over here. Right waste of time and money as Katy said.
You really should just put it on the market and see what happens Jool, you may get lucky.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:24 am

I would love to put it up for sale normally but feel honour bound to tell people,about the urbanisation issue for the future.....unknown quantity cost wise......and which any decent solicitor should identify for any buyer anyway.........would you buy a house with that potential unknown liability hanging over you at a reasonable price? That as the idea behind the raffle as it keeps it a bargain but that seems a no go now.....should have know the *beep* here would grab more taxes as if 7% soon to be 8% transfer tax is not enough!!!!!

Do people except auctions to have cheap properties? Any recommendations of a proper professional auction company not the shambles as seen on TV?

DAvid - any ideas please??

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:35 am

There would still be the same issue above if sold at auction. There has to be interested punters to sell at auction and not many are interested in buying spanish property at the moment. Every month the marbella courts have an auction of foreclosed properties and it is rare for anyone to attend.

Whatever you decide to do don't go down the way of paying money upfront which most of these pseudo auctions want or paying to place on websites etc.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:45 am

"Every month the marbella courts have an auction of foreclosed properties and it is rare for anyone to attend."
Or to buy, seemingly. I watched one on TV from Marbella, (not a foreclosure one,a normal auction) and nothing at all sold. According to the lady in charge, that was normal. None reached the reserve, some were well over £100,000 short of the reserve price!
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:54 am

The auction organiser has a steady income as people pay £300+ to put their property in the auction 8) better than being an estate agent right now. :lolno:

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:58 am

At the end of the day though Katy it may not always be the auctions fault a property does not sell....................I bet some of the ridiculous reserves see to that.

Sellers I don't believe have adjusted to the new climate yet where buyers have :thumbup:
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:22 am

Thanks for replies, this was why I thought of a raffle but it seems I am stuck here for God knows how long, I am running out of options, I could not even rent it out to cover the mortgage in this market......and I think you can only do dacion en pago if you are in trouble and only for the amount of the mortgage so that would be around a 200k loss for me..........

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:55 pm

Jool. Haven't you asked your bank to give you an interest only mortgage?
In addition, I don't like how you're sounding right now. Calm down ... pour yourself a drink ... have a cigarette (if you don't smoke then start) and jot down all the plus & minus points. Have another drink and home in on EXACTLY what is getting you down.

After that - deal with each problem on its own and once solved (he said hopefully) score it off your list.

We put our house on the market over three years ago. Nowt. Nada. Zip. We reduced it by €100,000. Still nada. Solution? The house is now off the market and we're getting more work done on the house for our OWN enjoyment. We'll consider putting it back on the market in two or three years. Then again, we may be so enamoured by the new obra, we'll want to stay here.

Regarding the embargos etc - have you considered Defensor del Pueblo?

Best of luck anyway.
Dave

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:57 pm

Hi Mowser, thanks but its not the cost of the mortgage its the urbanisation issue hanging over us that makes the house impossible to sell the normal way...what is getting me down is the lack of rights I have in reality and the fact that no matter who you are dealing with as the end user or as a paying customer you are the one who is always wrong. Telefonica is the final straw, Seg Social are FORCING people to domicile payments in their bank account and will not issue the cupones any more, however if THEY do not call for a payment it is still YOUR fault and YOU still have to pay the fine......even if you can prove you have done everything properly. You have no recourse - fair, no, logical no, reasonable or respectful, no.

Telefonica do not have to prove I took out the other line, I have to prove I did not! How is that possible? How can they just help themselves to your bank account add a second line charge you, then close down the line you know you have for non payment of a line you never took out or knew about?

How can the Authorities have ZERO responsibility to communicate with you at your officially registered address (ie by you not some pleb on commission for the number of multas issued) regarding any issues yet can help themselves to your bank account and the first you know of it is when you get a letter from your bank telling you there is an embargo of X on your account for an issue that occurred 18 months previously and in all that time no one was ABLE to contact you because they invented an address for you - its utter swollocks and an insitutionalised lie. I have never been able to access BOP at all or else it comes up with nothing under my name.......and it was the Defensor del Pueblo who said that as they had written to me at the address on the computer they had met their responsibilities, the fact it was never my address, is an address that is totally fictitious and does not exist and that the very same office had written to me in the same year at my real address is all utterly irrelevant, it is a licence to do whatever they like. The DEfensor here seems to be like the protector of the system and not impartial at all, now wonder it is a Priest, he probably says countless Hail Mary´s every night to repent of his lack of independence....

So what really bothers me is I feel like a victim up against forces I cannot reason with, understand as there is no logic, and from whom there is no communication - so any day there could be another issue I know nothing about.......another day where I suddenly find a message on my phone saying I have restrictions on it, listen to the crap music, finally speak to the most unhelpful staff ever known, only to be told there is unpaid bill I know nothing about and when I know MY line is paid for as I religiously check this every month.....if I cannot trust my environment to be reliable, if I cannot trust any entity will actually make an effort to communicate with me then I don´t feel safe....and I am without the means to work as this is a borrowed line, loads slower, and now my only solution is loads of unnecessary work doing a denuncia, reading up on my rights etc etc, more work for no good reason, just to protect myself from a financial hi-jacking......

This is why I want to sell up, for peace of mind, and to take my power back, the fact I feel the need to ensure I have no assets at all in Spain in my name to feel safe rather speaks volumes for the system here, and I am beginning to wonder whether it is stacked against foreigners who run their own business or work as autonomos as pensioners seem to be ok........

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:30 pm

It all seems a bit of a nightmare Jool. I had issues with Telefonica so I changed to BT Arrakis. Telefonica continued to take 70cents off my account per month so I'd be able to read my account on-line. I mentioned that I was no longer with them. The "helpful" lady asked if I wished this 70 cents to be removed. I calmly said that as it would be a bit pointless reading an online bill from a company I no longer deal with, that yes - I did indeed wish this.

IBI for €180 was taken from my account last year for a flat I sold in 1989. I reclaimed last August and was told to expect the refund in March, so let's see.

Not as hellish as your tale of woe, but certain things here do get on my choto.

Is there a telefonica shop near you? Have you discussed this in person?
Dave

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:48 pm

Jool
There was a house up for raffle last year in Almeria, but in the end the money from the raffle after charges was raffled off because not enough takers, but there was a lot of tickets sold, just not the 40 thousand or some big number, that they wanted to sell, so it can be done, it was on the TV etc, it was a massive house with pool and about 8 letting flats, if you google house auction in Almeria, I think you would find it, I know the lads advertise on ownersabroad web site for rentals, can't remeber what it called, just it began with s, think it was in the Velez area somewere.
I don't think now is the time to sell really, sorry your feeling fed up, no doubt you will soon bounce back :)
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:50 pm

Hi Jool
The house was called San Blaz
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.