Fiscal certificate in place of NIE

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Jool
Andalucia Guru

Fiscal certificate in place of NIE

Postby Jool » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:38 pm

Apparently if you do not have an NIE but want to sell a property then a fiscal certificate (ie a number from Hacienda for paying taxes effectively) is all you need as it is a lot easier and quicker than obtaining an NIE just to sell.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get these?
Do you have to go in person? Or can come someone go for you without power of attorney?
Has anyone ever done this?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Fiscal certificate in place of NIE

Postby El Cid » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:41 pm

I think it will be far easier to get an NIE than to get a fiscal certificate from Hacienda without an NIE.

Sid

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:13 pm

are you maybe confusing it with a certificate of fiscal residency in spain?
just last week I ordered a fiscal certificate from hacienda..it is not a number, it is a certificate, and you have to put your NIE number on the form to order the certificate.
the certificate takes about 10 to 15 days from application, but I can´t see how it would be possible to get it without having an NIE number.
they only give you the certificate if you are a fiscal resident, and if you have been doing your declaracion de la renta as a fiscal resident, so how that would be possible is difficult to imagine if you have no NIE number.
ask at your hacienda office for more info to see if/how it can be done

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:51 pm

Yes that is what I thought but I found this which seems to say different..........the folliowing is an extract from the website quoted below
Por si no fuera lo anterior lo suficientemente complejo, hay que añadir dos situaciones más. La primera se refiere a extranjeros en España no obligados a tener tarjeta de identidad ni obligados a disponer de NIE, pero que sin embargo necesitan un número de identificación fiscal porque van a realizar operaciones con trascendencia tributaria. En estos casos, la Agencia Tributaria les expide un NIF.

La segunda, que completa todo el marco de posibles formas de identificación a efectos fiscales, es la de extranjeros obligados a disponer de NIE, pero que todavía no lo han obtenido. En estas situaciones, la Agencia Tributaria otorga un NIF provisional, valido por tres meses, para evitar que pueden verse obstaculizadas operaciones económicas por el sólo hecho de que no se han completado los trámites administrativos de obtención del NIE

La expedición de NIF a extranjeros, personas físicas, por la Agencia Tributaria se regula en los artículos 20 y 21 de Reglamento General de las actuaciones y los procedimientos de gestión e inspección tributaria y de desarrollo de las normas comunes de los procedimientos de aplicación de los tributos, aprobado por el Real Decreto 1065/2007 de 27 de julio, publicado en el BOE de 5 de septiembre de 2007, vigente desde el 1 de enero de 2008.

It seems to confirm that you can use a NIF as opposed to a NIE to do something quickly affecting the tax office if you have no other reason to need an NIE?

http://www.notariosyregistradores.com/C ... njeros.htm

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:55 pm

well, looks like a trip to hacienda to see what they say !!!
an NIE number can be obtained in one morning, couldn´t you get an NIE number?

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:37 am

Its not for me its for the friend I am helping who is not in Spain but is selling her place.....

Over here it takes 2 weeks to get an NIE number, you have to go in person to Almeria then wait for it to be ready then go back and collect it, is there somewhere in Andalucia where you can do this faster and in one day DEFINITELY sin problema?? If so please tell me, the Consulate in the UK takes WAY too long.

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:17 pm

I went to the national police in marbella last april with my nephew to get his NIE number , we definitly got it the same day then.

barry
Resident

Postby barry » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:16 pm

I think a NIF is given to a Spanish citizen, F for fiscal and a NIE is given to a non-citizen, E for extranjero.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:14 pm

THanks Barry, that would make sense but the website does say a NIF is available to foreigners....if I find anything out or manage to achieve this I will let you all know!