lawyer needed

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
campocaro1
Andalucia.com Amigo

lawyer needed

Postby campocaro1 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:43 pm

A friend of mine urgently needs advice from a lawyer about dissolving a long-term partnership (not married). Please post or pm me the name and contact details of a UK qualified lawyer who is based in Spain. Thanks

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Re: lawyer needed

Postby Jool » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:48 pm

Michael Davies in Mojacar or try googling for one

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:08 pm

The British Consulate in Malaga have a list of English speaking lawyers but whether any of them are UK qualified is another matter. Can a UK qualified lawyer practice in Spain anyway?

campocaro1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby campocaro1 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Thanks. The reason I didn't google Jool is that I wanted a recommendation as I have no experience of this kind of thing. My friend's partner is based in UK and they have a place in Spain where she lives which is why I thought a lawyer with UK /Spanish experience might be helpful.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:11 pm

I believe Michael Davies is both spanish and UK qualified but do check that.......I think though that if the partner is in the UK then a UK lawyer may be sufficient and your friend will need to get a couple of independent valuations done of the property over here in Spain for it to be included among the assets..I hope she is on the deeds?