Boundaries

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Boundaries

Postby gerryh » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:55 pm

All of my neighbours are great except for one lot.
They claim they can build, do whatever they want on their side of the boundary but the rest of us can't build anything within 3 metres of the their boundary.
Their latest claim, that it is the law, that they "own" a strip of land all way around the outside of their boundary to allow them access to repair/maintain the boundary. :roll: :roll: :roll:
They've even started to put plant pots on the ground on the outside of their boundary.

Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Re: Boundaries

Postby Bongtrees » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:48 pm

Its not unique to Spain.

I used to own a 50ha farm in France, one neighbour who owned 200 Ha would try and repair his stock fencing from my side. In the end I let another neighbour graze his killer cows in the fields adjacent to the idiot neighbour.

My mother lives in a nice town house with small garden, one neighbour has started burrowing under the fence scraping earth from my mothers border into his own. My brother has collected a months worth of dogs crots and is gonna put them against the fence this weekend for the idiot neighbour to drag to his side of the fence.

Nutters are everywhere. :crazy:
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:38 am

I think you may find they are correct in a way Gerry - in many cases in Spain you cannot erect a boundary fence or wall on the edge of your plot boundary you have to be a certain amount in to allow room for Town Halls to change roads or for access to maintaining your boundary. Therefore going by walls or fences is not always helpful

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:35 am

Jool, in this case I don't think it necessarily applies.
They have erected a chain link fence right on the edge of the track past their house.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris