Non Resident Tax

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Paula
Andalucia Guru

Non Resident Tax

Postby Paula » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:17 pm

Can someone clarify this for me please?

Some friends missed a visit earlier this month at which time they would have been paying their taxes before 30th June deadline. Their solicitor has sent them the forms to sign and yours truly is flying out tomorrow so supposed to take them back with me. I'm unable to tell them for sure that I can get the forms to their solicitor because of other commitments, and their solicitor is right far end of Estepona :x The solicitor has told them that if they are late there is a 5% surcharge, they aren't so bothered about the surcharge but have been told that their mail will have to be checked regularly as the surcharge comes through the mail and will have to be paid promptly to avoid other penalties. Well they are not often their to check the mail so is this actually what happens?
If I don't get the forms there can't the solicitor just make the payment late by a few days and incorporate the 5% surcharge?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Non Resident Tax

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:29 pm

This deadline only applies if they have two or more properties.

Any surcharge will be notified at a later date but this could be in several months time but if they are using a lawyer does he not receive communications from AEAT on their behalf? Can your friends not just give you the money so that you can pay their taxes directly? You can do this, in cash, at any bank.
Let's go Brandon!

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Thanks for the answer Beach. I didn't realise I could just go and pay cash for them at a bank, that could be the best option. (Can't believe their solicitor is charging over 300euros for this :wtf: ) Yes they have 2 properties in Spain. I don't know why the solicitor is saying they will have to check their post regularly, I would have thought being as this solicitor does their taxes evey year that he would receive their stuff from tax office, all of my stuff goes directly to my gestor and he deals with it all.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:02 pm

Yes, exactly and why has he left it so late, anyway.

Is the lawyer shown on the forms under the heading 'Representante del Contribuyente'?
Let's go Brandon!

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:10 pm

I don't know Beach, as I was just expecting to drop it at lawyers the envelope is all sealed up. Don't want to open it until I get hold of them and suggest that I pay at bank.