Property Transaction

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Canela
Andalucia.com Amigo

Property Transaction

Postby Canela » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:22 pm

A friend is buying an appartment (from another friend) and they have asked me to arrange everything for them - I have been living here 30 years but am ashamed to say, don`t really know what to do. I presume they should take the existing escritura to the Notary together with two cheques - one for the purchase price, less 3%, and one for the 3%. I would be very grateful if someone could tell me if anything else is needed at the Notary. Also, when and where is the 7% transference tax and the Plus Valia paid.
They intend to be here for two or three days only so hope I will be able to get everything done without any problems.
Thanks very much for any advice.

DavidSearl
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Property Transaction

Postby DavidSearl » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:37 pm

FROM DAVID SEARL

FOR CANELA

I imagine no-one has responded to your question because the answers you need would fill a small book. Indeed, they fill a major section of "You and the Law in Spain" which I urge you to purchase.

Without having the various Tax Forms and contract agreements prepared in advance by a Spanish professional, your friends' chances of completing the deal in two or three days are very small.

I suggest that you "Just Say No" in a polite way and have your friends instruct a Spanish lawyer or two separate ones, to act for them.

Good luck with it, David Searl
You and the Law in Spain

Canela
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Property Transaction

Postby Canela » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:11 pm

Thanks David - already have your book - at least last year`s edition.