Address Problem

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
annfoto
Resident

Re: Address Problem

Postby annfoto » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:00 pm

Not any more - it's €55 for the first name and €35 for each of the others up to a maximum of 5 people with the same box.
We got a letter about that on Friday but it didn't give figures.
What happens in the case of a married couple, in Spain, like me they do not change their name?
Most bank statements have both names on it anyway.
My name is spelt wrong on Endesa's bill will that be a problem?
Ann

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:32 pm

The way I read it was that it also applied to married couples. I think there will be a big outcry about it from couples. At the end of the day it will be down to the guy in the post office. If he's a jobsworth then any mail not addressed to the box holder will get thrown in a heap on the floor. If he's a good guy, nothing will change.

We will have to wait and see. I am going to have a chat with our guy on Monday - usually he is very helpful. It depends on how hard he is being leaned on from above.

Sid

malagaman2005
Resident

Postby malagaman2005 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:00 pm

El Cid wrote:
malagaman2005 wrote: Ouch!! Ours costs 55 euros per year for up to 4 people at the local Correos

Not any more - it's €55 for the first name and €35 for each of the others up to a maximum of 5 people with the same box.

It has just changed - it's because people were abusing it and having their friends and neighbours sharing one box. You should get a letter explaining this and asking you to sort it out by the end of May.

Sid
That just about sums it up over here, when there's a crisis, put prices up and squeeze everybody you can, I've just about had it with this b***dy country, and don't any of you dare say 'if you don't like then leave' it's not that simple :evil:
" If at first you don't succeed then skydiving is not for you"