Nota Simple . . . Help please.

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
scotty
Resident

Nota Simple . . . Help please.

Postby scotty » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:28 pm

I want to find out who is the registered owner of a property. When I asked my local gestor she said it would be no problem. I gave her the names of the people that I thought owned it and the exact address (an apartment). She said it would only take a day or so. Now she says that she needs the NIE numbers ? At the time when I asked her to do the job my bank manager said that I could get the information without any issue by paying €2.50 or a similar amount in the local town hall. Does anyone here have any information on this please ?

scotty
Resident

Re: Nota Simple . . . Help please.

Postby scotty » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:19 am

59 views and no answer......... :?:

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:51 am

Have a look here:

http://tinyurl.com/98uz26s
Brian.

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:18 am

..sorry Scotty, I didn't read your post because it was about nota simples and I am usually out of my depth and leave it to the experts on here, but I could maybe help you with this one because we had a similar problem.
All you have to do is go to your local town hall with the address. Check with the reception and they will direct you to the appropriate department. They will give the owner name I believe. They will give you map copies of catastrals etc of land you own and near you if you want too.., etc.,
I find them very accommodating in our town hall, but enough of Alhaurin de la Torre and its charms or I will be bound to upset someone on here by waxing lyrically about it :lol:

You can find all all sorts of things in the Town hall offices similar to system in UK ie. if your neighbour has plans to build some huge property extension next door to you , you can ask to see the plans - no bother. You can put in an objection before he even gets started or stop it at any stage if needed. They will publish the plans in the town hall. If a road might be going through land property you are thinking of buying - best to check there first - they have plans often up to 5 years in advance , just like in the ol' country.

murbisa
Resident

Postby murbisa » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:37 am

That is very interesting Anis. When we got someone to enquire at the town hall about a large area very near here that they are leveling out and spending a fortune doing. obviously something large in building being developed we were told it was none of our business!!

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:46 am

...that would make me very worried, Murbisa. Will it block my view, will it be noisy, what is it , will it cause traffic congestion, will it affect the value of my property ?
Is it near enough to affect you ?
When we went to our town hall recently , they handed the plans over to us to look at in the offices. We could not take them away. We were told they were public property and we could take a long as we wished to examine them.
Our curiosity satisfied, we left quite happily. I hope this is not another case of one town doing something and another town working differently. Have you sent a local person to enquire ie not a foreigner ?
I would be off to the planning department ?

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:09 pm

All the information mentioned is also available at our local town hall too, but they do tell you that it is only valid at that moment in time, things could change the day after, so ask as often as you like :)
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:42 pm

Yes, only valid as a snapshot, the Notary does a last minute check now before completion. I got one easily in Marbella to check on a house. Had to fill in a short form and collect 48 hours later. You can get them online now but not sure if you have to register with them first :think: