planning permission required?

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
beachbabe
Resident

planning permission required?

Postby beachbabe » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:51 am

I have a garage adjoining a house and integral with it (there is an internal door to our hallway.)

Would it be possible for me to convert this to living space, such as a kitchen or bedroom or do i have to get planning permission from somebody - if so who and am i likely to encounterany issues?

As far as i can see the garage is included as part of the built space of the house. We are not in a community.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: planning permission required?

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:15 am

This will definitely be classified as "Obras" - "works", either Grande or Pequeña, and will need permission and licence. You should ask at the Ayuntamiento (go with a sketch plan and rough estimate of costs in the first instance) and see which way they jump. It could mean they insist on full architect's plans, or if there are no great structural changes (e.g. windows/doors/drainage) they may go for the "small" classification and just need good sketches, before & after photos or whatever.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Mike.M
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mike.M » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:11 pm

Hi,

Peter's pretty much hit the nail on the head, and you will need a building license. In terms of requiring an architect, you MAY well find you do require one because of it being a garage and only built to a spec required for a garage. In saying this, I'm aluding to various building regs for a habitable space e.g. minimum ceiling height, insulation, ventilation etc.

First port of call is Town Hall and get a couple of quotes from builders.

Regards,

Mike

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:06 pm

If you are adding habitable space you will most definitely need permission and also to get a new escritura to reflect the changes. The Catastral details will need changing and your IBI will probably increase. I think it will also need to be registered on the property register.

You can almost certainly get away with not doing any of this but it will become very complicated if you ever sell it.

Sid

beachbabe
Resident

Postby beachbabe » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:11 pm

Thanks I've got an architect's drawing so i'll pop in today/tomorrow.

Many thanks for the replies.

unis09
Tourist

Postby unis09 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:40 am

Is it necessary to get a permiso de obra menor for raising a perimeter wall that is only 4 meters long?
It would only be 2 m high.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:49 pm

Yes is the simple and quick answer.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris