Tax Form Modelo 210

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
darjatrading
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Tax Form Modelo 210

Postby darjatrading » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:58 pm

Dear Beachcomber

Thanks for your kind comments with full details for the future.

Best regards

Darja

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:57 pm

Beachcomber wrote:The rate stays the same for fiscal year of 2014 (returns submitted in 2015) but is due to be reduced to 20% for 2015 and 19% for 2016 for non-resident property owners who are citizens of European Union member states. Citizens of non European Union member states will revert to 24%.
Just been catching up here, and was happy to find that the tax rate is being lowered for next year.
Is this a recent thing and why is it happening, not that I'm complaining of course :D
I'm always disappointed when a liar's pants don't actually catch on fire.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:21 pm

It was included in last year's tax reform bill.

http://www.minhap.gob.es/Documentacion/ ... Fiscal.pdf

Page 32
Let's go Brandon!

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:41 pm

Thanks for that Beachcomber,
I'll take your word for it as if it in Spanish, I'm afraid I will have trouble translating.

The little extra will help towards my bank maintenance, who seem to delight in putting this up annually.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:06 am

I have reproduced the relevant page here:

It basically says that tax rate for non-resident income tax is being reduced in two stages. The chart is self-explanatory.
Let's go Brandon!

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:16 am

Thanks again Beachcomber, you're right, it is self- explanatory.

Still hard to believe some things are actually reducing in costs!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:36 pm

Hi Beachcomber,
Could add that info to FAQ's
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:38 pm

Yes, I have already done so. Could you please have a look and ensure that it makes sense.
Let's go Brandon!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:52 pm

Hi Beachcomber,
Looks good in FAQ's....thanks
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

grazza

Postby grazza » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:13 pm

Mike.M wrote:Yikes .... deadline close! When I sign and send the 210 (online version with cert and asking to debit my account) I get an error back saying 'Errors detected ... Domiciliación fuera de plazo'

Anyone seen this before and can give me some hints as to what it is referring to and how to resolve?

Many thanks in advance,

Mike
Hi, i've been reading through all the forums and have run into the same 'Domiciliación fuera de plazo error.' Edit - to clarify, I have been able to successfully submit my annual return this error is only occuring when I try to submit my return with rental income.

Has anybody found a solution? I was trying to pay by direct debit. I can't seem to find a workaround. We're starting to rent our apartment and trying to stay legal, but they make it hard if we can't pay!

Given first post, wanted to flag appreciate the huge amount of information already posted. Wouldn't have got this far without it!

Grazza

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:53 pm

I assume you are trying to make a rental income declaration for the 4th quarter of 2014 and that you have you tried the suggestions that were made in response to Mike's post? If so it would appear that it is an issue with your bank.

Have you made previous rental income declarations using this method that were successful?
Let's go Brandon!

grazza

Postby grazza » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:53 pm

Hi, yes, i've tried various options 3 different browsers! And you are correct it's the 4th quarter declaration. It's odd I have successfully submitted and paid my annual return, but for some reason the rental return seems to fail, this is my first attempt at the rental return using the certificate.

Was hoping to hear back from Mike or another that getting bank to change something might be the trick, just had doubts given it's working fine for the other return. I have 2 different bank accounts in spain, both failed, but I guess both may not be using my NIE as my identifier?

I'll try emailing the bank and see if there is any way they can change it.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:30 pm

Have you tried generating a PDF using the normal form:

https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/e ... tml?idi=ES

If this works it will be pretty certain that it is an issue with your bank. If not it is likely to be an error under the heading 'Devengo' or 'Accrual' in English.

You are obviously aware that the deadline for the submission of the return is tomorrow (Tuesday 20th.)
Let's go Brandon!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:49 pm

Just a further note on the tax rates for 2015 and 2016 for non-residents.

The tax rate is based upon fiscal residency NOT nationality or citizenship therefore a citizen of a European Union member state who is a fiscal resident of a country outside of the EU will pay 24% and will not be able to take advantage of the lower rates of 20% and 19% for 2015 and 2016 respectively.

This has been clarified in the FAQ.
Let's go Brandon!

Mike.M
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mike.M » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:32 pm

Hi grazza,

I bank with BBVA and spoke to the branch manager, who replied 'we cannot change your account identifier to correspond with your NIE as it is the bank's policy that foreigners are identified by their passport'. I assume that there is no law to mandate this and it is a policy that BBVA and possible other banks use to tighten controls around cross-border money laundering ... but this is me just guessing. Speak to your bank and check that the account identifier is you NIE associated with your electronic certificate.

It's a royal pain in the a**!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:23 pm

I think the answer to that would be 'just try opening a bank account without a NIE number'.

We have accounts with both Banco Popular and Unicaja and our NIE numbers are used on both. There is no mention of our passport numbers anywhere on our paperwork and, anyway, what happens when you renew your passport and get a different number?

I would be inclined to threaten the manager with moving your account to a bank that will use your NIE number as the identifier.
Let's go Brandon!

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:14 am

My bank (Unicaja) used my passport as ID, but when I had the same problem as you, I went in & they changed it to my NIE somewhere in their system so that it could interact with the digital cert. The passport is still there - it has now become my username ! Maybe your bank could do something similar, ie keep the passport as ID but enter your NIE somewhere else... :)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

pengwynne
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pengwynne » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:37 pm

The following information is an extract from a very informative website, THE ONE STOP PROBLEM SHOP.
The company is based in Tenerife. However, not all the information reflects the whole of mainland Spain, but the revision of the rateable value of the property does. Please read:

Non Residents Tax - Changes for 2015 payable 2016.

"As some of you may have noticed if you pay your "Impuestos Sobre Bienes Inmuebles" (local authority rates) through your bank they are no longer giving full details on the bank slips.

This is not such a problem for 2014 payable 2015 as most remain unchanged but for 2015 payable 2016 there is a basic change to the rules for calculating as well as a change to the % rate of tax.

As you probably remember the amount you pay is calculated using the "Valor Catastral" (Rateable Value) of your property in Spain.

This can be easily ascertained by looking at the receipt for your "Impuestos Sobre Bienes Inmuebles" or IBI, (often referred to by English speakers as "Rates") - if you pay your "Ayuntamiento" directly annually -if you pay by direct debit and your Ayuntamiento uses the Consorcio to collect this on their behalf you can go on line and access a copy of the IBI receipts showing the full information. You will need to have your IBAN bank account number and NIE number to hand. See here ...................................... https://www.tributostenerife.es/dom140servlet/ if your townhall does not use Consorcio (such as Adeje) then it may be helpful to make a trip to your town hall to ask for a printout for 2015 if you are visiting any time after June.

The receipt will tell you the year when the rateable value of your property was last revised.
This is critical because for the tax year 2015 payable in 2016 the percentage coeficient used to calculate "Deemed (Rental) Income" is higher if your rateable value has not been revised within the previous 10 years.

So the tax rate is only 1.1% if within 10 years of taxable date, otherwise it is 2%.

Tax payable on the "Deemed (Rental) Income" for the tax year 2015 payable in 2016 is:

Contributors who are fiscally resident in the EU, Iceland and Norway: 20%
Rest of contributors 24%

and for the tax year 2016 payable in 2017

Contributors who are fiscally resident in the EU, Iceland and Norway: 19%
Rest of contributors 24%"

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:20 pm

grazza wrote: Hi, i've been reading through all the forums and have run into the same 'Domiciliación fuera de plazo error.' Edit - to clarify, I have been able to successfully submit my annual return this error is only occuring when I try to submit my return with rental income.

Has anybody found a solution? I was trying to pay by direct debit. I can't seem to find a workaround. We're starting to rent our apartment and trying to stay legal, but they make it hard if we can't pay!

Given first post, wanted to flag appreciate the huge amount of information already posted. Wouldn't have got this far without it!

Grazza
I just saw this thread. I hope my reply is still timely. I have found a work around to the "Domiciliación fuera de plazo" error. Here it is:

1. A the bottom of Form 210, instead of selecting "Direct debit of the amount to deposit" / "Domiciliación del importe a ingresar" , choose the first option: "To deposit" / "A ingressar".
2. This will expose a couple of buttons at the bottom, Choose "Optional Get NRC" / "Optativo obtener NRC".
3. That will open up another page which will allow you to make the payment and get an NRC (like a receipt number). Choose "Pago con cargo en cuenta" to pay from your bank account. (You can also choose to pay with credit card).
4. The next page will be a form with most your info already filled in. Add your bank account (or credit card) info and select "Enviar".
5. That will bring up a couple of confirmation pages. After you have gone through those, (assuming no errors) it will close and bring you back to the Form 210 with the NRC filled in.
6. At that point, you should be able to submit the Form 210.

Unfortunately, the above won't solve Mike. M's problem of his bank not having his NIE as his identifier. I have BBVA as well and I have the same problem.

jackson5

Postby jackson5 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:05 am

Am trying to file my Modelo 210 for 2014. Problem is that I can not enter 24,75 in item 21, only 24,00. Despite trying Safari & Firefox on iPad and MacBook Pro, am unable to complete form because of this. same thing happens with the final amount of tax to be paid - unable to enter the cents amount.

Have even tried rounding up and paying 25% but it won't let me ..

Am a bit rushed as going back to UK at the weekend and have to get it to my bank for payment this friday.

Ideas anyone ?

Peter J