Death duty.

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
mhic
Andalucia Guru

Death duty.

Postby mhic » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:22 pm

Hi.
My wife died September 2014 the following January I received a letter from the tax authorities re death duties which I took to a gestor who told me what paper work I needed for him to sort it out. It took several weeks to gather the odds and ends together and hand them over to the gestor but he was satisfied he had all that was needed. We had a joint account with Solbank who told me that 50% of the funds in that account would be embargoed till the thing was settled. It's now over seven months since I gave the gestor the information and I have heard nothing he just tells me it takes a long time. No embargo seems to be in place since I can still draw cash from the account which is now below the 50%. I know things move slower here but does anyone have an idea how much longer till it's sorted.
Mhic.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Death duty.

Postby costakid » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:00 pm

Sorry to hear of your loss. Things can take forever with the red tape in Spain. Carry on the best you can in the circumstances.

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Re: Death duty.

Postby Bongtrees » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:07 pm

I am sorry for your loss.

Try transferring most of what is in there to another account in another bank in your sole name.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell