Boat, etc., launching from beaches

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Azabache

Boat, etc., launching from beaches

Postby Azabache » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:20 pm

I have been trying to discover which laws cover boat launching from beaches; boats meaning anything from kayaks to large inflatables. So far I have read just one translation of an article which states that it is illegal to launch from beaches where there are yellow buoys anchored offshore (these for the protection of swimmers). In fact even inflatable sunbeds are in theory illegal. Launching, it seems, must be from designated 'channels' marked again by buoys.
Logically it would seem OK to launch from beaches where no such buoys are anchored offshore or have been removed for the winter. Does anyone have any information on this subject and what is the 'norm' in the possible application of the law? i.e. knowledge of prosecutions, etc. All I want to do is launch a kayak.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Boat, etc., launching from beaches

Postby costakid » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:26 am

Not sure of the law but we witnessed the Guardia stopping a guy putting a Rib in the water at Almayate a few weeks ago. The beach there is very rustic with no Bouys etc.
It may have been an insurance issue but it went back on the trailer.

Martin Page
Resident

Re: Boat, etc., launching from beaches

Postby Martin Page » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:17 am

My understanding is that you can only launch, and recover, your boat from designated launch sites.
There will be a launch fee of a few euros, but more importantly your ownership and insurance documents are required, even from a beach launch site.
You can 'beach' your boat to load and unload on nearly all beaches between the red and green chanel marker bouys, between the yellow warning marker bouys.
Of course, this being Spain, everything is open to interpretation untill you get caught.