Legal Implications for other property owners

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
onlinelee
Tourist

Legal Implications for other property owners

Postby onlinelee » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:19 am

I own a house on a community of only 6 houses. Some number of years ago the owner of one of the properties died and could not be found ( allegedly ) so the president of our community unilaterally decided after a about a year to have a friend pay of the debts, maintain the property and community fees in exchange for affectively using the property as a holiday home. Now, the same president has decided to make structural changes to the property, again unilaterally.

My concern is that there maybe legal implications for the rest of the owners should the president move or die or the legal owner or government find out what the president has been doing.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Re: Legal Implications for other property owners

Postby Miro » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:53 am

If the president's actions were unilateral, as you say, i.e. not by consent of other owners and therefore not recorded in any official minutes of a community meeting, I can't see how other owners could be liable for anything he's done or is doing.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.