Modelo 210 - Rental Income

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
SteveMar
Tourist

Re: Modelo 210 - Rental Income

Postby SteveMar » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:49 pm

Hi again Beachcomber

"I am sure 0A is only used when delaring imputed income tax and capital gains tax:"
Yes I see your point it does say that on that link. The thing is that I tried submitting the form as Q4 but this produced an error message. It's very frustrating. Seems like bmpoleary had the same problem he describes above.

I think I need to get my wife to make the call and give her a list of problems to try and resolve. Not holding my breath though!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:40 pm

Hi SteveMar,
The account we have uses a PassBook so all transactions are recorded by the bank in this book.

As beachcomber rightly points out I don't Rent out so only do the Non-Resident Tax using Form 210.

You have to ask yourself is it worth renting out............. :?:
UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:28 pm

Did you try putting 4T and leaving the fecha de devengo blank? I would be I interested to know the outcome of any contact you have with the helpline.

I agree with Enrique. Is it worth it?

SteveMar
Tourist

Postby SteveMar » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:19 am

I think once I finally figure out how to submit the form properly (assuming that day does eventually come) and once the issue with my bank is finally sorted out, the quarterly return should be straightforward with a digital signature. Otherwise it's worth it as holiday letting the apartment means it pays for itself.

I will try inputting Q4 and leaving accrual date blank - will get back to you about that. Also will post with any useful response from the AEAT helpline (thanks for the phone number btw). My wife will call this week.

Another question; does anyone know whether you can deduct travel expenses for non-resident income tax? It would be brief travel for the purpose of 'business' - as in sorting out issues with renting the apartment. I know you can deduct travel expenses for business in the UK so am hoping I can for the Spanish return....

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:22 am

Hi SteveMar,
10/10 for sticking with the exercise............ 8)

Like anything to do with computers, might take you a week to get it to work the First time , then you finally get there you wonder why it took so long.

Today's Tip.......when you have it working Write a Procedure so that the next Quarter its a breeze....... :thumbup:
UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

SteveMar
Tourist

Postby SteveMar » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:29 am

My wife called the AEAT helpline this morning in relation to filling in the modelo 210 for non-resident income tax. This refers to filling in the form if you rent out your apartment and are making quarterly tax returns. She asked the following questions:

Q. What do you need to put for 'Accrual' or 'Devengo'?
A. 'Period' / 'Periodo' - select the quarter you are doing a return for Q1 - Q4, 'Year'/'Ano' - enter tax year, 'Group'/'Agrupacion' - tick, 'Accrual date'/'Fecha de devengo' - leave blank

Q. Who/what do you need to enter into 'Payer/Witholder/Issuer/Property Purchaser'/'Pagador/Retenedor/Emisor/Adquirente del inmueble'?
A. The lady said that this should be the details of the guest(s) that have rented your property. If the guests did not have an NIF or NIE (most likely scenario) then leave the NIF field blank but still complete the 'F/J' box and enter the guest's full name. This would require one form per guest staying at the property. So a group of 4 staying, regardless of how long they stayed for = 4 forms!

Q. Can you make deductions for travel expenses if the purpose of your trip was attending to business regarding the rental of your property?
A. No; regardless of circumstances for the travel

It was painful to hear the same answer that Beachcomber posted above as I was really hoping they would say something sensible. For me it's a ridiculous condition as my apartment is rented frequently and both mine and my wife's names are on the deeds. In theory this would mean 8 forms for 4 guests as the tax payment has to be halved between two 210 forms - one for me and one for my wife. Sadly the agencia tributaria lady wasn't at all phased by how ridiculous it sounded.

My next step is to get my wife to call again this week and try and get a more sensible answer. And if she manages it, then take their name and note the date and time of the call (and recommend them for a medal). Surely there's someone working at AEAT with some common sense?!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:07 am

As I said before, these people are not tax officials they are call centre operators working from a set script. By all means call again but don't hold your breath.

fuentearriba
Tourist

Postby fuentearriba » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:11 pm

This quarter (3/2017) I seem to have a new form in English. On Q2/2017 and previous I have not entered any Fecha de Devengo and all OK for submission. The new English form has an Accrual Date and I keep getting just one error
Page 01: Error in Accrual. Period-. Incorrect field. and I cannot get past it!!! Any ideas - thanks

Return to “You & the Law in Spain”