rent rooms with new law

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
speedspeed
Tourist

rent rooms with new law

Postby speedspeed » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:18 pm

hi with the new Andalucias holiday rental law does anyone know the rules for private rooms?
how i understand you can rent rooms but you need to live in the same place

now i have been to the ayuntamiento, and they claim you can only rent rooms if you not live on the same place?
which doesnt seem correct to me?

also they claim i cannot rent 2 room to diferent people, only i can rent 2 rooms if its 2 people booking together and they know ech other?
also doesnt seem correct to me?

anyone can shed a light on this please?
thank you

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Re: rent rooms with new law

Postby BENIDORM » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:20 pm

Hello Speedspeed,
I'm not sure of the correct rules and I really think that it depends on where and who is interpreting it , from experience it varies dramatically.
If you are living in or near Benidorm ( a place I know well ) you will probably find that the rules are different to the Costa del Sol area, I know that Benidorm will be fiercely protective to their hotel industry, so you may find it more difficult.
What you have been told doesn't seem correct to me.
Which Town Hall have you been to?.

I would suggest just doing what you think is correct until advised otherwise...
Regards,
Gordon

speedspeed
Tourist

Postby speedspeed » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:41 pm

hi i live in benidorm
so i have been to benidorm townhall

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:04 pm

OK, My experience of Benidorm Town Hall, which is big, was that you could go in one day and get one answer and go in the following week and see someone different and get a completely different answer.
I don't think that they are trying to be difficult, just a different interpretation of the rules/laws, but I would try my previous suggestion and follow your own ideas.
I worked in Benidorm , but lived in Alfaz del Pi the Town halls were very different in each place even though only a short distance away, you could visit a different town hall to ask advice...

Regards,
Gordon

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:55 pm

Hi, nothing to do with Andalucia but I recently came across an article (which I now cannot find) regarding an area of Gran Canaria called Mogan.
As I said I cannot now find the article but anyone interested and diligent enough probably could, the gist of it was this: some years ago a very large development of "holiday apartments" was constructed in the aforementioned area, presumably a large number of these apartments were sold to expats of various nationalities as holiday homes/rentals homes/investments! a recent report by the local government has said that basically, these properties were erected on "tourist land" and therefore cannot be lived in as permanent homes, cannot be "loaned" to friends and cannot be rented out directly from the owners.
They can only be rented out through a government approved agency which of course will take a good slice of the rental fees as commissions, so basically the original purchasers are now screwed, what away to treat the goose that will forever lay the golden egg !!

speedspeed
Tourist

Postby speedspeed » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:56 pm

so you mean no one knows the correct rules?

so what you suggest? not register, just continue rent out for now until things get more clear?