Holiday Pay

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Holiday Pay

Postby AkoAko » Tue May 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Has anyone any knowledge relating to Holiday pay in Spain , googled literally dozes of websites and all say 30 days a year which i think most people already know , what none of the sites explains is how the 30 days are calculated . For someone who started work on 1st of July 2015 would they have a proportionate amount for 2015 , 15 days as there is only 6 months in the year left to work and then 30 days by the end of 2016 or would they have 30 days entitlement by July 2016 . Is the year taken as a tax year or time served . January to December or July to June . I know the entitlement is the same after a year employed and also that the employer docent have to pay holiday pay until a year served but neither are relevant .

wollie
Resident

Re: Holiday Pay

Postby wollie » Tue May 30, 2017 8:02 pm

The holiday year be the same as the financial year, from a paid holiday point of view if you start work in July you will get the 50% to the end of year and it starts from Jan, i cannot confirm this but this how it works everywhere.
I am also guessing that there are paid holidays and then there there be free days mostly to do with religion semana santa etc...