Junk Mail clogging up Urbanization's Post Boxes

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
pensure1988
Resident

Junk Mail clogging up Urbanization's Post Boxes

Postby pensure1988 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:06 pm

I refer to an article in this week's Euro Weekly News entitled " Residents up in Arms-Box Clever. We too on the Western Costa del Sol,are being bombared daily with Advertising Leaflets,Booklets etc despite having signs displayed in Spanish as well as English forbiding Companies to insert their advertising leaftlets etc into our Mail Boxes.Phone Calls to the relative Companies concerned apparently fall on deaf ears. Many Mail Boxes are overflowing with hundreds of flyers,leaving little or no space for genuine mail.All Flyers etc should be left outside the boxes on a Table in our reception area on the Ground Floor of our Apartment Block.

Does anyone know of any way legally to overcome this huge problem. I have seen men as well as women employed casually by these companies coming around daily to distribute these flyers. I presume there is some official department one can complain to in Spain about this infringement of privacy.

Thank You

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Junk Mail clogging up Urbanization's Post Boxes

Postby costakid » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:25 pm

Well it is not really an infringement of privacy. Its more of a nuisance that they are causing. We get lots of flyers etc from takeaway restaurants and furniture stores in Spain.
When in the UK anything that comes with a SAE enclosed I just post the empty envelope back to them as they then incure a postage cost.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:45 pm

My junk mail in UK (flyers, leaflets etc) is delivered by the postman !!
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:19 am

It was the same when we lived in France ... huge bundles of stuff, including supermarket brochures. A 'No pub' sign on our mail box used to work.

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:49 pm

I know of someone who in France actually used to work part time delivering said publicité ... the deliverers were under STRICT orders not to over-fill already full boxes where it was obvious that no-one was going to read them anyway, and ALSO to respect the NoPub notices put on the boxes by the residents.
Any notice of infringement could result in instant dismissal !!!! Any complaints received, especially from apartment blocks WERE investigated-
Sorry - dont know how it works in Spain.