Padron renewed every 5 years

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
USINSPAIN
Resident

Re: Padron renewed every 5 years

Postby USINSPAIN » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:36 am

I have sold the house that I lived in and was known by the padron how do I notify the padron of my new address just go to the town hall or get my lawyer to inform them
Thank you

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:46 am

When I moved last year, I just went to the Oficina Atención del Cliente of our Ayuntamiento and changed my details to the new address. You'll need to take a copy of your escritura or rental contract for your new address, plus your passport and resident certificate. No need to pay your lawyer to to do it.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:15 am

If you are now in a different town, go to the new town hall to register. They will inform the old town hall. They will also change your address details for your driving licence and car matriculation.

Sid

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:38 pm

I had a letter from Estepona a while back, I think it was before the referendum, asking if I was still resident, and I had been here for over 12 years at that stage. I went in myself and assured them I was. As a matter of course I pop in ever so often to get a new empadronamiento so as to have an up to date one so I save myself from being culled should there be such an exercise going on!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:00 pm

My town hall also sent me a letter to check I still live here. I’m not sure why they cannot check the various local taxes I pay but I just pop down to the town hall with the form they send me and I’m in and out in a couple of minutes.