SETTING UP A NEW GROUP

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
patricia
Andalucia Guru

SETTING UP A NEW GROUP

Postby patricia » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:07 pm

I have set up a new Spanish History Group. I have had a really good response. We have had four meeting so far. One a month and three talks and I have people lined up for the next few months.

What I want to know is how to make it an official group. Presumably I have to go to the town hall and set up a committee etc.

Anyone know how I go about everything!
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Re: SETTING UP A NEW GROUP

Postby gavilan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:04 pm

sorry but I dont know anything about setting up a group but some years ago there was a well established History Group in Nerja ... maybe someone connected with that could help? ... ...

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:14 pm

Hola
Yes there are forms - but from the Junta not the Ayuntamiento. The President, Secretary and Treasurer are required to be named and if I remember right, 12 names of "responsible people"

The above was 2010 so well out of date - but gives an idea so you need to ask

Davexf

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:27 am

gavilan wrote:sorry but I dont know anything about setting up a group but some years ago there was a well established History Group in Nerja ... maybe someone connected with that could help? ... ...
I knew Dorothy Price years ago in the mid nineties. Yes it is a lovely group, but quite different from mine and not meant to emulate it at all except to encourage people to study and take an interest in Spanish History.

In my group the members give the talks to encourage people to read and study. The trips we do are all local and transport is by bus or car. Many of the members attend the Nerja History Group as well as the now named Arts Society, formally NADFAS.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:28 am

dxf wrote:Hola
Yes there are forms - but from the Junta not the Ayuntamiento. The President, Secretary and Treasurer are required to be named and if I remember right, 12 names of "responsible people"

The above was 2010 so well out of date - but gives an idea so you need to ask

Davexf
Hola Dave, that is very useful. Thank you. :thumbup:

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:29 am

patricia wrote:
gavilan wrote:sorry but I dont know anything about setting up a group but some years ago there was a well established History Group in Nerja ... maybe someone connected with that could help? ... ...
I knew Dorothy Price years ago in the mid nineties. Yes it is a lovely group, but quite different from mine and not meant to emulate it at all except to encourage people to study and take an interest in Spanish History.

In my group the members give the talks to encourage people to read and study. The trips we do are all local and transport is by bus or car. Many of the members attend the Nerja History Group as well as the now named Arts Society, formally NADFAS.