non resident bank account limits?

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
gavilan
Andalucia Guru

non resident bank account limits?

Postby gavilan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:00 pm

For a non resident bank account, ?is there a tax-free limit or ceiling to the amount which can be transferred from a non EU country to that Spanish account before tax demands kick in?

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Re: non resident bank account limits?

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:29 am

You could become liable to wealth tax if above the thresholds. (700k from memory). There is no reason that you need to hold a Spanish bank account as now an account can be held anywhere in the E.U. As long as you don't need to depoist cash or withdraw large amount the account will function Europe wide for free. I recommend Ireland or Malta as both Eurozone and speak English and several banks iffer completely free banking, One thing to watch for though is money laundering checks on funds from outside the EU. The banks can and do freeze incoming payments (even if from an account in your name ) until you can prove a source of funds.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:23 pm

thank you for your response but I not sure I understand what you are saying Paddy Pumpkin ... let me be more specific: 12000 euros worth of American/Chinese dollars from a company in China as payment for work done for them ... being paid into a non resident Spanish bank account ... would that payment be subject to tax?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:28 pm

If you are not tax resident you would not pay any tax on it. A non resident will only be taxed if he earned the money in Spain.

Sid

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:53 pm

Thank you Sid for your clear and concise comment ... most helpful and much appreciated