Spanish Hacienda Bank Account Embargoes

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
pensure1988
Resident

Spanish Hacienda Bank Account Embargoes

Postby pensure1988 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:27 pm

Hi

I am an Expat South African living in Spain since 2010. When I used to do my Annual Tax Returns,I was allowed to deduct my Tax Paid in South Africa on my Yearly Spanish Tax Return. When the Spanish Tax Laws changed in 2014, the Tax Authorities in Spain took away this facilty and said you must claim back the Tax Back from the other country you used to live in, under the Double Taxation Treaty with Spain. i therefore and many other Expats in Spain have had to pay additional Tax to the Spanish Goverment going back 4 years. I was embargoed for the amount of Euros 90.36 in February as I was arrears with this Tax. I fortunately received some refund back from South Africa in January and paid off my 2012 Tax Bill on 06 Mar 2018. Apparently it takes 20 days for the Tax Office in Spain to reconcile your deposit in their Bank Account. I received another letter dated 8th Mar 2018 stating the amounts oustanding for 2012,2013 and 2015 as 2014 Bill has already been paid. My Bank Account has now again been embargoed for the sum of Euros 1310.46 on the 04th April 2018. What recourse do I have in this respect . I mention here ,that I requested that the outstanding Tax Years's amount be split into 12 Payments each which was refused by the Spanish Tax Office. Apparently the Deposit of 6th Mar 2018 not having been reconcilled yet.

Please can someone with legal experience give me some advice here.

Thank You

David

maureenscot
Resident

Re: Spanish Hacienda Bank Account Embargoes

Postby maureenscot » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:50 pm

Find a local Gestor to do this work on your behalf

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Re: Spanish Hacienda Bank Account Embargoes

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:37 pm

Slightly off subject but this is another reason why I don't have a Spanish bank account. There is no reason to have a Spanish bank account and I would recommend to anyone who requires an EUR bank account to open it in another country. The Spanish authorities will be unable to embargo the account there without a court order in the other country.