lost invoices from builder

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
USINSPAIN
Resident

lost invoices from builder

Postby USINSPAIN » Thu May 17, 2018 6:47 am

Had my house built in 2005 sold it in 2017 come to prepare to pay CGT cannot find the invoices can only find the certificates of the build given to me every month so the architect could check work done Gestor saying without these invoices cannot submit claim tried to contact builder but no luck as yet, is there anything else I can do to put this right got all other paperwork licences registered etc etc

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: lost invoices from builder

Postby Beachcomber » Thu May 17, 2018 7:53 am

Presumably you did an escritura de obra nueva. It is the value shown in this escritura, in conjunction with that shown in the escritura for the purchase of the land, that will be used to calculate the capital gain.

You do not need to prove the building cost all over again neither could you use the amounts shown in the builder's invoices even if you had them because this would mean that you would be claiming the same expense twice.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Fri May 18, 2018 9:04 am

I find all of this a bit interesting. Does this mean that say i buy a house for say 50k and that this was what is on the agreed purchase price.
I then have work carried out say value of 50k, do i need to get the house documents updated to reflect the new house value?
What is the process as i thought the Ayuntamiento would automatically change the house in accordance with the issue of the said licence for the work.
Like the OP i was of the opinion that it was the original house value + the cost of upgrading for capital gain.
I do know there is need for First live-in licence, its all a bit of a muddle to me.
Sorry i cannot advise the OP but i am genuienly interested in knowing these things...

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri May 18, 2018 9:27 am

This may help:

https://www.notariado.org/liferay/web/n ... obra-nueva

You may need to allow a security exception in order to access the site.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Wed May 23, 2018 7:57 am

Beachcomber,
Thanks for link, useful info in there.

Regards...