Adding a second property to your escritura

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
PeterSwede
Tourist

Adding a second property to your escritura

Postby PeterSwede » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:02 pm

Hello guys,

I have two friends that are going to buy the townhouse next to them to get more living space.

They now want to register the two houses as one to avoid paying basura, water bills et.c. for two houses.

Anyone out there who knows how to do this?

Kind regards:

Peter

wollie
Resident

Re: Adding a second property to your escritura

Postby wollie » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:18 am

I cannot give you a direct answer to your question.
I think if you stop paying for the water it will just be disconnected and i do not believe there is any penalty going forward, i also assume that we can just ask for service be disconnected. I do not know if this option is available for basura.
The one thing i do know of this is couple i know bought two ajacant houses, they wanted to make the two houses into one house went to architect and applied for licence without consulting town hall, when they told the Ayuntamiento of their plans they were not willing to cooperate.
They went the wrong way with it and eventually gave up on the idea and are now left with two houses.
It may be simpler to do nothing...

PeterSwede
Tourist

Postby PeterSwede » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:03 am

Thank you Wollie for your reply!

Now my friends have had a talk with their laywer. The property do not have escritura, but is legal, so they now have to make the escritura for the townhouse and register it, then another one when they buy the house. After that they can apply to merge the two houses into one, and then they have to make a third escritura.

Seems strange that they cannot do everything at the same time, but I guess that's how they do it here in Spain.

!Saludos!

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:33 pm

PeterSwede, merging both properties prior to creating an escritura publica would only get one lot of lawyers' fees.
Your friends lawyer will get THREE lots of fees and his friend at the notary office similar.
Which is my cynical view on how things can happen in Spain.