Dog poo

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Mariposa
Andalucia.com Amigo

Dog poo

Postby Mariposa » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:40 pm

I wonder if there is anything I can do to stop my neighbour allowing his dogs to poo very close to our dividing fence, or to at least clear it up. They also bark whenever anyone goes by. I tried to reason that if they were in the corral further away from the house we would not smell or hear them but he says it is his right to let the dogs poo where they want to. No compromise. I have taken a picture, and fully expect that if he does anything, it will be to throw it over the fence to our pathway...in which case I will do a denuncia. Any other suggestions? I am pretty sure she has allowed this as a deliberate act of aggression.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Dog poo

Postby elusive » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:42 pm

If its on his property i dont see how

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:40 pm

Go out secretly at night & sprinkle strong chilli powder over the fence ;-) ?
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:21 am

not a very nice neighbour but if it is on there property they are not breaking the law by not picking up.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:50 am

Mariposa,
I sympathise with you, but it's a common problem and not just in Spain.!

I don't know if you have tried other approaches with your neighbour but may I suggest that you take him a gift, perhaps a bottle of whisky and if he's married a plant for his missus ?
I've found that many times a total reversal of 'attack' method works well and don't think that by showing kindness that you are being weak, you are actually showing that you are the 'better' person by extending your hand in friendship and explain that you would prefer to be friends rather than enemies.
As for denuncias, don't go there, it will only exasperate the situation...

And can you imagine when or if you decide to sell your property and you are writing up a sale description.....

ie...My beautiful home is situated in a delightful area which benefits from a wonderful micro-climate and I'm only leaving because my neighbours are ogres who have trained their dog pack to do number 1's and 2's along my garden fence and bark repeatedly and the smell is so nauseating and toxic and I can't sleep at night from worrying about it and have to have special medication to calm my nerves, but apart from that it's a lovely home... :shock:

Anyway ..Good Luck in resolving your predicament.. :wave:

Regards,
Gordon

jhonie99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jhonie99 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:15 am

Can't u plant oleanders along the boundary (the red ones give off a lovely aroma. Oregano is good also, as I'm sure there are loads other plants to choose from.

To stop the barking get one of those sonic alarm thingies. You could also monitor them defecating and set off a high pitched sound from a device, when ever they do it near your fence. They'll quickly do it elsewhere in future.

Don't give any pressies - that's a dumb thing to do. Spaniards consider all us immigrants to be scum so why brown nose them!! They never negotiate or compromise.

Getting any fleas on your side ? Are the dogs in good health ? Reasons to denounce. They're probably not chipped nor vaccinated either.

Incidently, we used to have a neighbour dog problem. Last year we got a dog ourselves and he now happily defecates 100metres from our house, on our side of the fence, a few metres from their house. It gives me immense pleasure, lol. Play fire with fire.

Forgot to say...........on the evening of San Juan this year some nice person threw a bag of rotting meat onto our property, which we didn't find until the day after. Almost certain that it will have contained poison with the intention of killing our dog. We threw it back on the road for someone else! Luckily, we are very vigilant and don't allow our dog to roam our property for this very reason. He has his own fenced plot and gets let out only accompanied by us. Many people say "why don't u leave him out". Well, we know what Spaniards are capable of!! My partner is Spanish.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:20 pm

In answer to jhonie 99.....The problem with planting the likes of Oleanders is that if the dogs can pee on them then they die quickly...

I tried the sonic alarms , but they didn't work...

jhonie you must of had some bad experiences to have such a low opinion of Spanish people, I've had very few problems with them in the almost 30 years that I've resided in Spain and I've always given little gifts in friendship and gratitude and received them too.

I know that Spanish people don't like freeloaders, beggars, and big mouthed people and that goes for all nationalities.

You seem keen to promote bad feelings between locals and expats, and I have to ask..Why do you stay , surely you would be better off in the UK ?

The bag of rotting meat might not have been intended for your dog ?...and throwing it back on the street knowing that it may contain poison, well that really is a dumb and immature irresponsible act...

Anyway I still favour a more tactful and diplomatic way of tackling all problems and after running a Spanish company and employing many Spaniards I do have quite a bit of experience...
Regards,
Gordon ..Happy in Spain....

gretch
Resident

Postby gretch » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:14 pm

Can’t see anything in the OP, that states that he is Spanish?

Gretch

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:32 pm

Gretch observed....''Can’t see anything in the OP, that states that he is Spanish? ''

I also noted that Gretch, but according to jhonie99 only Spanish people are capable of such dastardly acts... :lol:

Regards,
Gordon

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:06 pm

Are there plants that dogs would not go near maybe?

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:20 pm

Speak to your town hall to ask what your options are. You have already tried to reason with him. I don’t know if the rules regarding noise is the same in all Spain but here you can’t make any noise after 10:00pm unless you have a bar with a licence which allows customers to stay in the street.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:35 am

It would be lovely if the Spanish were capable of training dogs not to bark. But that is why they have them! Our neighbours leave their dog to roam free, pooing and barking wherever it likes, between when they leave on a Monday and return on Saturday . The fence between our properties is full of gaps and the damn thing comes in to poo on our land. It does this less so now I throw stones at it when it infringes - they can be trained.

But you will not be able to do anything if it barks and poos on its own territory.