HIRING A COACH

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
patricia
Andalucia Guru

HIRING A COACH

Postby patricia » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:10 pm

I have set up a Spanish History Group, I have not legalised it yet as I am waiting to see how it goes, however there are quite a few of us who would like to visit the Medina in Cordoba which means hiring a coach. Would I be liable if something happened ie an accident on the road or if someone fell over in the Medina and broke their ankle or something like that!

Better know before I book the coach.
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: HIRING A COACH

Postby costakid » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:52 pm

The coach company would be insured against a road traffic accident. If your charging for say a tour type activity I guess you would need public liability insurance. If you are a group of friends on a day out then probably not. i suppose you could get them to sign a disclaimer before you leave on every trip.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:22 pm

Yes I was thinking of doing that Costa. No we are not a group of friends but I have not yet legalised the group and they pay nothing to join the group or come to the meetings. Once I legalise it there will be a small fee to cover things like insurance and a little put aside to purchase equipment what is left over I would use towards a lunch or at least the drinks.

Thanks for that reply. :thumbup:

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:03 pm

I have just spent two days in Cordoba and didn’t notice a Medina. Do you perhaps mean the Mezquita which is a cathedral built within a mosque?

Sid

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:20 pm

Patricia,
As stated you would be covered by the bus owner for actual travelling and you could ask the operator if they would include Public Liability Insurance for the period of your visits.( ask for a copy )
You could also arrange annual Public Liability Insurance in your name or in the name of your group, when formalised.
An easy place to ask is your bank, they may be able to arrange for you or at least point you in the right direction.

If you ever fancy visiting a newly discovered Roman Villa ( Salar- near Loja ), I would be able to assist you and arrange a guided tour ( in English ), and also take you to other museums/ sites in the area ...my services would be free !!

Regards,
Gordonious...

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:49 pm

I guess patrica means the medina azahara site outside of cordoba. .

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:10 pm

El Cid wrote:I have just spent two days in Cordoba and didn’t notice a Medina. Do you perhaps mean the Mezquita which is a cathedral built within a mosque?

Sid
http://www.medinaazahara.org/ MEDINA AZAHARA CÓRDOBA

It is just out side of the city of Cordoba. I used to be a guide you know! I went to Cordoba at least once a fortnight for years.
Last edited by patricia on Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:11 pm

elusive wrote:I guess patrica means the medina azahara site outside of cordoba. .
Outside of the city of Cordoba. Exactly, but in Cordoba province and not far from the city. :thumbup:

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:13 pm

BENIDORM wrote:Patricia,
As stated you would be covered by the bus owner for actual travelling and you could ask the operator if they would include Public Liability Insurance for the period of your visits.( ask for a copy )
You could also arrange annual Public Liability Insurance in your name or in the name of your group, when formalised.
An easy place to ask is your bank, they may be able to arrange for you or at least point you in the right direction.

If you ever fancy visiting a newly discovered Roman Villa ( Salar- near Loja ), I would be able to assist you and arrange a guided tour ( in English ), and also take you to other museums/ sites in the area ...my services would be free !!

Regards,
Gordonious...
Yes they are covered for travel, but I am looking at public liability But until I get the group registered etc it is free and so there is no money for me to pay for public liabiliy insurance Gordon, however good idea to ask the coach company, however I doubt it, but I will get them to sign a disclaimer as suggested by Costa.
Last edited by patricia on Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:51 pm

OK, I’m amazed I didn’t know that existed or I would have visited it. I love Islamic architecture. Obviously not well publicised compared to the Mesquita etc. I will definitely have a look next time we go up that way. Thanks for that information.

Sid

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:42 pm

Same here until recently. Seen it a couple of times on t.v docs but it doesnt seem to get alot of publicity.wish we had known on our first trip to the city we would have visted on the way back to the coast. Planing a day trip there sooner rather than later

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:32 pm

El Cid wrote:OK, I’m amazed I didn’t know that existed or I would have visited it. I love Islamic architecture. Obviously not well publicised compared to the Mesquita etc. I will definitely have a look next time we go up that way. Thanks for that information.

Sid
:thumbup: It is amazing

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:34 pm

elusive wrote:Same here until recently. Seen it a couple of times on t.v docs but it doesnt seem to get alot of publicity.wish we had known on our first trip to the city we would have visted on the way back to the coast. Planing a day trip there sooner rather than later
Well you can come on my trip. Special guest

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:48 pm

BENIDORM wrote:Patricia,

Regards,
Gordonious...
Oh thank you Gordonious. :D I missed that!! That would be lovely. I have passed by Loja in the coach on the way back from Granada and also when I have been bird watching up that mountain in front of Loja. Looks very interesting there. We are on the Romans at the moment. I have gone from the Palaeolithic and am now up to the Arabs, so all that would be fascinating. I will take you up on that Gordon. Thanks for that. :thumbup: It would be lovely to meet you also. Love your posts.
Last edited by patricia on Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:12 pm

Patricia,
No problem, just give me as much warning as possible so that I can arrange your visit......

Also for transport ,have you ever tried carsharing for smaller numbers of members, I've tried it and it worked !

I also look forward to meeting up with you..

Regards,
Gordonious...

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:44 pm

Yes car sharing is what we will do. I love the drive there, I go the back way to friends who live near the lake via Villa Villanueva del Rosario and Villanueva del Trabuco. Love that route, so scenic. However we will not be able to dawdle on the way if we are to make it at least by 10.30am. Easiest route I think would be via Ventas de Zafarraya I am looking forward to that. :D

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:16 pm

Just back from a day trip to medina. I was very impressed.very easy drive and easy to find with the help of street view. The visitor centre looks pretty new. lovely and clean lots of facilities.Nice cafe and shop and a museum inside also a small cinema where they show a good 10 or 15 min CGI type film showing a day in the life of the place.shows the town as it was over the ruins and explains what each area of the town was for so when you actually see it it gives you a good idea of the layout of the place. They tell you the next showing time as you get your tickets. Free for E.U (so be quick!) You pay for the bus which is 2.50 at the bus stop which is just at the entrance.it takes 5-10 mins on the bus to take you to the actual entrance of the ruins. The site was very impressive and there was a good amount of people there. Water fountains and toilets if needed. Considering thaat only a small amount of the place has been found it was pretty amazing to me.to think its over 1,000 years old. Defo worth a visit if you are into this type of thing.hopefully it will get more publicity now as a unesco site

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:32 pm

Thanks for that Elusive. I am looking forward to seeing it myself. Amazing that so few people know about it as, as you have said, it is pretty amazing place. :D

I shall print off what you have said so I can tell the others. :thumbup:

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:11 pm

Your welcome. They do guided tours aswell. But tbh you prob dont need it. After watching the film you have a good idea about the lay out of the site and theres lots of info there in english

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:36 am

I would suggest if you worried about liability that you go to travel agent who do regular daily excursions and ask them to set-up the trip.
I have only done one as really not my thing, i remember it was only something like €10 pp for day trip and you buy the tickets from travel agent so your out of the loop. You would probably need a pretty good of the number but it may be an option...