HIRING A COACH

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
patricia
Andalucia Guru

Re: HIRING A COACH

Postby patricia » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:52 am

wollie wrote:I would suggest if you worried about liability that you go to travel agent who do regular daily excursions and ask them to set-up the trip.
I have only done one as really not my thing, i remember it was only something like €10 pp for day trip and you buy the tickets from travel agent so your out of the loop. You would probably need a pretty good of the number but it may be an option...
Yes that sounds like a good idea. I will do that next time, but as you say it is a lot of time. I keep having to meet up with people to take their money. I have got them to sign a liability clause. So I am fine for now. But next time I will do it the way you suggest. A lot easier and no so much work involved for myself. It will probably be more expensive but if people want to go then they will pay the price. Good idea :thumbup:
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:44 pm

Patricia,
I was thinking more that you keep the group intact, collect the money and just pass money on to travel agent who will give you the tickets and you just pass on to each individuals involved, it is likely the group fall apart as people will not bother going to the agent and you end up with half full bus.
I am thinking say 50 people at say €10/12 each which is a nice payday for a bus even when admin is taken out. I am just thinking of taking you out of the loop as the ticket from a recognoised agent if there be a problem. I would think this likely a cheaper option than hiring bus yourself, you could always give a €1 each to the driver...

Just a thought.
btw the whole history project sounds interesting...

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:24 pm

Well that is basically what I am doing. However it is a pain collecting the money. I am all over the place, I was thinking more they could pay the Agent as well as me. I could take money at the meetings, but if they could not make the meetings like a lot didnt for last week the can pop into the Agents and pay and also the Agent could advertise it themselves.................However

I would never get to 12 euros etc, which is what they charge for the Gibralter trips that Lux Mundi,British Legion etc. My next trip will be to Lorca's (Federico Garci) place of birth, of death, living etc etc as he is the subject of my next talk and I doubt if 50 people will want to go on that plus I would not want 50 people. I want to keep it a little bit "elite" for want of a better word!!

I do not have to hire a 50 seater coach. I have hired a 27 seater, which is just right. There will still be money left over and some of that will go, as you have suggested, towards the tip for the driver and any over is going towards equipment we need to buy for the group. Not much left over after the tip for the driver however we do need bits and pieces.

But what you have said about passing it over to an Agent is a good idea. :thumbup: :D

PS Gordon we are coming to Loja! :thumbup: I put it to the group and they were enthusiastic, not sure when that will be. I will send around an email and try to get dates! :D

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:49 am

Hi
Just seen this thread
I take out public liability insurance for trips. Any insurance company would be able to help you. If you take out your house insurance with a broker, then ask him. I pay a little more than 200 Euros no matter how many people are going for one month to give you some sort of idea of the cost
You then divide the cost between the group as one of the costs.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:11 am

Yes I will be doing that when I get the group up and running. At the moment it is completely free to come to the group but when all the paper work is done there will be a small fee and then I can take out public liability insurance. Thanks for the tip though Mark. :thumbup:

What trips do you do Mark out of interest!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:21 pm

I take kids to England and Ireland so I would imagine that a policy for one day would be proportionately cheaper.
More than anything, it is to cover the adults in the group as we take out separate cover for each student which already includes Civil responsibility for them.