How to complain and who too.

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
kexon
Resident

How to complain and who too.

Postby kexon » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:14 pm

We have a fridge freezer it was working very well and then it stopped. I had registered the guarantee online with indesit. The fridge freezer has a two year guarantee this will end in March next year.
I have contacted the customer care department and they arranged a techi to come that was 21.09.2018, he came and said it needed a new motor (compressor). this arrived and was fitted on 10.10.2018 and everything was ok.
19.10.2018 fridge stopped working ...contact customer care ...he will contact techi to come out.
23.10.2018 no techi arrived contact customer care again ... will contact techi again.
25.10.2018 still no techi contacted customer care again ...he will now contact supervisor of techi.
31.10. 2018 still no techi and the fridge has now stopped working as well.
Tomorrow is the day of the dead so pointless ringing today, so I am preparing for next week.

1.I want to start with, I want a replacement.
2. When they stall I will request a hojas de Reclamaciones form, and see what happens.Can this be done on the phone (and then via post) with the manufacturer rather than the shop as I know normally the paperwork is completed in the premises the item was bought from.

Am I doing this right I bought the appliance at an electrodomesticos shop, the guarantee is with indesit, should i have approached the shop first before the customer care at Indesit, it's a bit late now I know as they have already carried out repairs under the guarantee

katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: How to complain and who too.

Postby katy » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:58 pm

Have a google, Indesit may have a web page where you can do it online. Put something like" Quejas, Servicio de atención al cliente Indesit" Or you may be able to do it from the consumer dept. where you live.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:03 pm

As I understand ii, you bought the fridge freezer over a year ago which probably means the manufacturer's guarantee has expired. This means the responsibility lies with the seller not the manufacturer

After six months the sole responsibility to prove where the fault lies moves away from the seller. Speak to the company again and give them your demands but if they don't meet them you will need to ask for a complaints form.

The next stage will be to complete it and making an appointment with the local consumer office. What I suspect will happen then is that you will be asked to pay for an independent test. If it comes in your favour, you should be able to ask your money back and I believe the company will need to cover the cost of the test.

Go armed with all the information you have including dates and Katy's advice of checking online to have evidence, if any that yours is a common problem with your model etc.
Last edited by markwilding on Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:08 pm

I think he said it had a 2 year guarantee.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:18 pm

In that case it would be possible to contact the manufacturer. However, even though manufacture's guarantees offer more protection, the responsibility remains with the seller.

I would say that in cases where I have used complaints forms, the consumer office want all avenues exhausted before they will get involved so it would advisable to complain to manufacturer first on the basis the manufacturer's guarantee is for 2 years.

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:54 pm

Thank you all for your comments.