Land registry/notary/ Registro de Propiedad,

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
elusive
Andalucia Guru

Land registry/notary/ Registro de Propiedad,

Postby elusive » Fri May 03, 2019 7:03 pm

Quick question is the notary the same as the land registry in english and the Registro de Propiedad, interms of registring contracts? Trying to work out where you need to go
Last edited by elusive on Sat May 04, 2019 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: Land registry/notary/ Registro de Propied,

Postby peteroldracer » Fri May 03, 2019 7:40 pm

No. A notary is a legal person, who deals with things like the Catastral, Registro de Propiedad and so on. A lawyer (abogado) or gestor (like a qualified accountant, no real equivalent in UK) will draw up papers and present them (usually with you present) at the notary's office.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri May 03, 2019 7:52 pm

So where do we go to registar a rental contract. Some english sites say land registry but spanish legal ones say Registro de Propied. Just trying to work out where they mean. Ive been to the notary before for wills

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri May 03, 2019 7:55 pm

if you use a translation site it will tell you that the land registry is called the register de propiedad in Spanish.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri May 03, 2019 8:33 pm

elusive wrote:So where do we go to registar a rental contract. Some english sites say land registry but spanish legal ones say Registro de Propied. Just trying to work out where they mean. Ive been to the notary before for wills
Sorry have no experience of this, but, do you NEED to register a rental contract, I don't know the answer, maybe someone does !

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri May 03, 2019 9:09 pm

And the Registro de Propied, isnt the notoria then or at the notoria? If not any idea if every town has one or where the nearest one to nerja is. How i can find out ASAP from any of you guys before contacting our gestor

We need to registar it manch as we signed under the old law of it needs to be registared inorder to give you the first three years in the rental even if its sold during that time. The new law doesnt require it.
Last edited by elusive on Sun May 05, 2019 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sat May 04, 2019 8:03 am

No,the Registro de Propiedades have their own offices, they are completely separate from the notaries. According to this link the nearest one to Nerja is in Torrox so presumably that will be your local one. There are 3 separate Registro de Propiedades offices in Vélez, covering Vélez, Torre del Mar and all the villages within the municipality, but I know they don't extend beyond the Vélez boundaries.

https://www.registrolegal.es/registro-propiedad/nerja

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat May 04, 2019 8:33 am

Thank you free. Yeah ive just found the one at torrox pueblo. torrox no2 via google.I presume you need a cita? But cant really see which sites are the offical ones to see where you can make one. Have you ever used them.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sat May 04, 2019 8:42 am

I've never had to register a rental contract, but have been to the Vélez office 4 times to get nota simples. I didn't need cita previas to do that, they have someone working on a reception desk to attend to the public. The most recent occasion was in 2017.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat May 04, 2019 8:52 am

Thanks again. We will go upto torrox on monday and see what they say. 20 copies of everything. At least its not far if return visits are needed

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sat May 04, 2019 9:01 am

Be warned, sometimes it is busy because you get staff from lawyers' or notaries' offices going in with a whole stack of things to be processed and it can take a long time. The one good thing I will say is that I could pay the fee for the nota simple there and then in cash, not the usual nonsense of having to take the form to a bank and pay and then go back to the office again.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat May 04, 2019 9:40 am

Thanks. Have no choice but to sit it out as otherwise we could yet again get screwed over and end up been thrown out of our rental after less than a year. One way ticket back home if that haps. Sick of been messed about.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sun May 05, 2019 10:37 am

Aslight deviation on your post elusive but relevant nonetheless, when I get into details with agents about rentals, they all try to go with the old 11 months contract scam, which strictly speaking is not illegal but designed to circumvent the law, do they all try to get away with this one ?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Land registry/notary/ Registro de Propiedad,

Postby elusive » Sun May 05, 2019 2:42 pm

Yeah you still see alot. Tbh i dont know why the agents care because from seeing others having issues with landords the agents arent intrested anyway they simple act as middle men then walk away..As you say 11 month contracts do not excist and have no standing under spanish law. The agents/owners just made them up! If its a longterm let then any contract signed from dec last year you have the right to stay in it for five years. Bar very few circumstances. Only you can end the contract before that. Before that and after around (ish) 2013 its 3 years. I find it easier to make them aware you are "up" as much as you can be on the law before they try to pull their B.S

Edit. Mind you after to speaking to my gestor she said the extra protection only comes in after 12 months. Hence the 11 month scam. I read that years back re the protections starting after 12 months. But have read for years it starts straight away from day one. I dunno does anyone know what the real deal is :crazy:
Last edited by elusive on Mon May 06, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun May 05, 2019 3:06 pm

Don’t know if it is the same for everyone but on this page there is an advert for registro-online.es ?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun May 05, 2019 3:46 pm

I have absolutely no interest in rentals from either side of the fence but I must point out that the official property registry site is:

http://www.registradores.org/

or here in English:

https://sede.registradores.org/contenido/buyingahouse/

The one mentioned previously is a third party site which charges up to nearly three times the price for obtaining a nota simple.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon May 06, 2019 10:27 am

Just an update. Went to to torrox only one person infront of me so that was something. they say they have to have the owner present and agree to registar. (Like that is gonna happen!!) So i doubt anyone can protect themselves. Told us to try the notoria so went there. Got abit further until they then told us the same thing.said a lawyer /gestor might be able to help so will go see our gestor and see what happens. Round in circles we go. I guess landlords have no intrest in registaring even though it protects and gives them more powers when trying to invict because a huge amount are on the fiddle cash in hand and certainly dont want it documenting that they are renting out a property.as normal you do things by the book you get no where.