Certificate of Permanent Residence/T.I.E

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
poppy1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Certificate of Permanent Residence/T.I.E

Postby poppy1 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:23 am

OK....so we have made the appointments for the above and to change our address. We currently have the old A4 green type certificates. Am I right in assuming we need to do the EX18 forms again? And regarding the tax...is it possible to pay in advance of our appointment or is it best to wait until the day?

Thanks
Poppy
Last edited by poppy1 on Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Certificate of Permanent Resindence

Postby elusive » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:53 am

Yeah its the 18 form again for both i believe. Let us know how you get on and where you do it. We have thought of doing it re brexit but part of me cant be bothered as its seems to be just more hassle and would rather just deal with one lot of hassle in changing to ID cards wgen it happens or if we are still here

poppy1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Certificate of Permanent Residence

Postby poppy1 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:11 pm

Will let you know how we get on. The appointment is on 24th July in Almeria and we're also applying for a T.I.E. I thought it best to get sorted before Brexit whilst we're still EU citizens.
Last edited by poppy1 on Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:00 pm

poppy1 wrote:And regarding the tax...is it possible to pay in advance of our appointment or is it best to wait until the day
Yes, you can.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/faq/h ... -office-2/

On what basis are you applying for a TIE?

Sid

poppy1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poppy1 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:41 pm

Thanks for the link
On what basis are you applying for a TIE?
Thought it would be useful for ID purposes. I'm assuming I can get one for that reason? Also I thought that post Brexit it might be compulsory.
Last edited by poppy1 on Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:52 pm

It will be compulsory after Brexit as we will no longer be entitled to the green card/form. They will not issue you with one yet as there is no requirement at present. When they do become a requirement holders of the green form will be invited to change them, probably by mail.

Sid

poppy1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poppy1 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:25 pm

Thanks, hadn't realised that.
Still best to get a new green card now because of the change of address though?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:11 pm

Yes, you are obliged to get a new one if you have a new address.

Sid

poppy1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poppy1 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:40 am

OK...thanks, will do that.

poppy1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poppy1 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:19 am

Just to follow up.
We successfully obtained our certificates of permanent residence yesterday. It was all very easy. We were called 30minutes after our appointment time and left an hour later with the certificates. It took so long because once having made the application at one of the desks we then had to get another ticket and wait to be seen by the police (who I believe only had one desk there) who issued the certificates.

Poppy

poppy1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Certificate of Permanent Residence/T.I.E

Postby poppy1 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:20 am

So...more than a year down the line decided to apply for the T.I.E as it's now available and will probably be a requirement at some point in the future. I know the green card/paper will continue to be recognised....but for how long?
We made appointments online, which gave us dates within a couple of weeks and with the help of forum members completed the forms and paid the taxes in advance. Once there the process was very simple...forms, photos and fingerprints all done. We were then given a date and time to return to pick up our cards.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:26 am

Check the wording on the bottom of you card as reading on c.a.b alot are complaining that the wrong wording has been put on the cards in relation to the status of the card holder.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:58 am

poppy1 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:19 am Just to follow up.
We successfully obtained our certificates of permanent residence yesterday. It was all very easy. We were called 30minutes after our appointment time and left an hour later with the certificates. It took so long because once having made the application at one of the desks we then had to get another ticket and wait to be seen by the police (who I believe only had one desk there) who issued the certificates.

Poppy
Hi Poppy what documents did you require exactly, I\m getting conflicting info from various people, thanks !

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:57 am

There are several threads on the go about applying for the TIE but I'll put this here as it's the latest. Feel free to move it Sid to a more appropriate thread.

Here are the links to everything I have found out about applying and paying for the TIE card. This is how we applied to change our permanent green card residencia to the new TIE.

1. Link to the police station appointment system:
https://sede.administracionespublicas.g ... index.html

You need to select the "POLICÍA-EXP.TARJETA ASOCIADA AL ACUERDO DE RETIRADA CIUDADANOS BRITÁNICOS Y SUS FAMILIARES (BREXIT)" option from the drop down menu after selecting Malaga on the initial page.
If your police station does not appear as an option on the next pages of available offices it means there are currently no appointments . You just have to keep trying. (When we booked ours in July the earliest available were 6 weeks ahead).
When you get the appointment tick the box to get sent a copy to your email. Print it off and take it with you as you cannot get into the police without proof of appointment (in Velez anyway).

2. Link to the application form EX23:
http://extranjeros.mitramiss.gob.es/es/ ... O_2020.pdf

You do not need to complete the annexes. We printed off two copies. You can download it and complete it on the computer.

3. Link to 790 payment form:
https://sede.policia.gob.es/Tasa790_012/ImpresoRellenar

Just complete the 'identificacion' part and under the section 'Autoliquidacion' click on Certificado de registro de residente comunitario o Tarjeta de residencia de familiar de un ciudadano de la Unión. Which autofills to 12€. Print it off (you cannot save this document) and you can pay at the bank .... no need to queue as you can use somewhere like Caixa who has an ATM that reads the barcode.

For your appointment take:
Copy of appointment details
Completed EX23 (we took 2 copies)
790 payment form x 2 with the proof of payment x2
Original green residencia cards (we also took a photocopy but they gave that back and kept the original)
Passport plus photocopy
One photo 32x26mm

You will then need to make an appointment to collect them using the police station link above under: POLICIA - RECOGIDA DE TARJETA DE IDENTIDAD DE EXTRANJERO (TIE)

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:56 am

Hi Wicksey,

Hopefully Sid will move it to FAQ Section...........thanks for Posting full details........ :angel:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

poppy1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poppy1 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:29 am

Manchesteral wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:58 am
poppy1 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:19 am Just to follow up.

Poppy
Hi Poppy what documents did you require exactly, I\m getting conflicting info from various people, thanks !
You were quoting an old posting regarding the green card application. My recent experience was regarding changing the green card to the T.I.E. If this is the information you require then:
Although we took all the documents we possess, and copies, they only required the completed EX23 form, the completed tax form...modelo 790 codigo 12 along with the receipt of payment, N.I.E. Certificate, passport plus a copy and green card plus a copy. A recent padron is required if you have changed address. Plus one photo

An important thing to take is a copy of your appointment details...print it off when making the appointment. Without it you won't get in.
Last edited by poppy1 on Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

poppy1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poppy1 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:32 am

elusive wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:26 am Check the wording on the bottom of you card as reading on c.a.b alot are complaining that the wrong wording has been put on the cards in relation to the status of the card holder.
I'm aware of this and will check when picking up the card

poppy1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poppy1 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:26 am

Will report back when we have collected the new cards.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:26 am

Be aware that when you print out the modela 790 payment form you get 2 copies.
They look the same except for the printing on the bottom right hand corner.
One of them you present with the application and the other one you keep for your own records.
They will only accept the copy printed for themselves.
Sorry can't remember the exact wording on them but should be obviuos when you look at them.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:33 am

I just handed everything over Gerry and they gave me back what they didn't want. They kept both bank receipts for the payment but did give me back one of the 790s as you say.
poppy1 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:32 am
elusive wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:26 am Check the wording on the bottom of you card as reading on c.a.b alot are complaining that the wrong wording has been put on the cards in relation to the status of the card holder.
I'm aware of this and will check when picking up the card
If you look at the 'cover note' for a better word, that they give you at your first appointment, it will show all the details. This the receipt that is valid for 45 days to show you've applied, as they took away my original green card residencia so have nothing else to prove I'm resident.

I've just checked mine and it shows my name and address correctly, the start and finish date (valid for 10 years), the fact that it is 'permanente' and also mentions the withdrawal agreement. I hope, therefore, that this is exactly the same information that will appear on the card.