Extraordinary Quotas for Future Expenses for Spanish Communities

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
pensure1988
Resident

Extraordinary Quotas for Future Expenses for Spanish Communities

Postby pensure1988 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:09 pm

I have a friend who is asking the correct procedures regarding the imposing of an extraordinary quotas on their community for future installation of a main water supply. It going to cost in the region of euros 100,000,.00. Hidralia has said that there is no money at the moment to start this work and they may have money in 3 years time.. Should these moneys be kept in a separate Bank Account and shown separately in the Accounts????.
How should this extra quota be calculated. Presumably based on the square meters of your property?????

Is there a section in the Horizontal Property Law covering the above issue.

Many Thanks

David

Benal Pirate
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Extraordinary Quotas for Future Expenses for Spanish Communities

Postby Benal Pirate » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:34 pm

Our block is doing something similar. Replacing internal water pipes (leakage is causing insurance problems) and will allow meter installation if wanted. An expensive job! Our share of the community charge is based on square metre and this basis has been used for the works. The company doing it won't start until the funds have been collected. The funds are collected with the normal community charge. In the yearly accounts this income has it's own line and we have one amount only cash in the bank so not separated out . I suspect a separate bank account hasn't been opened.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:54 am

Pensure / David, how comes people have to pay per metre squared of property? Surely a connection to mains water is a long pipe innthe street with spurs off it? Each person only has the one connection, wether its a 50m2 apartment or a 500m2 villa no? Why doesnt everyone pay the same?

Benal pirate.. All that old copper being thrown out? Watch out for gypsies collecting it, and anything else that isnt tied down.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:25 am

Spanish Lad - I presume that the charge differs because, lets say, if the number of bedrooms are different there is the probability that more people will be living there and using the water. For example, a one bedroom apartment would house two people and a three bedroom could house six, so the connextion fee is split more evenly between each person.
Hardworking resident !!

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:02 pm

I understand that but 6 people dont use more 'connection' than 2 people? Each house only has one pipe to it, they dont get 6 pipes because its 6 people, you see what i mean?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:15 am

Thank you one and all for your replies which have been noted

David