Easyjet flights!!

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
gus
Resident

Easyjet flights!!

Postby gus » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:53 am

Having just booked a last-minute flight.......Luton to Malaga......so I can attend our Community AGM at a total cost of £60, I find I can book an extra flight for £20 return including all taxes etc.

Maybe the missus will want to come now :-(

Gus

marchamona
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Easyjet flights!!

Postby marchamona » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:58 am

I always thought the idea of 'no frills' airlines pricing policy was that the earlier you book, the cheaper the flight?

Many years ago I was in Luton airport and wanted to get to AGP fast. Easyjet was just closing a flight but I was offered one of the remaining six seats at £120. When I queried the high cost, they said you only get the cheap flights by booking early.

But you certainly have a bargain there!

wendyakemp
Resident

Postby wendyakemp » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:25 pm

I think it is a new thing, you click on last minute bargains section.
I read that it is because Easyjet are running many flights half full and they have been ridiculed for that by the C.A.A. (global warming, economy etc)
They all want to fit into these league tables that are so important to nobody but the budget airlines.

sheilap
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sheilap » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:43 pm

me and my husband have just booked for Easter (MARCH) £149.97 for 7 day stay, with Easy Jet. last year when Easter was in APRIL the price was near double, :roll: and we can all remember last year :cry: we had to put on our winter fleece :twisted: while U.K had a mini heat wave. As they say that's life 8)

palmtrees
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby palmtrees » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:09 pm

About time they brought back cheap prices for last-minute bookings.

Ever since I've had time and flexibility it has always been dear to book last-minute. Wasn't like that when I was young.

Why not sell empty seats cheap? Better than nothing.

Good one Easyjet. I might even think about using them now.
Last edited by palmtrees on Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mijas-lady
Resident

Postby mijas-lady » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:34 pm

just been on the site and cant find last minute bookings!!where is it

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:35 pm

We've used easyJet a few times now and can't fault them at all. We paid for speedy boarding at christmas and were one of the first on the plane. Well worth the extra money as we were able to choose the emergency window seats with lots of legroom. All your personal belongings have to go in the overhead storage for take-off and landing and you are responsible for knocking the window out in an emergency situation.

Even the ordinary seats seemed to have a little more legroom than other budget airlines we've used.

OK food and drinks are overpriced but you can take your own onboard providing you buy after you've gone through security.

mijas-lady wrote:
just been on the site and cant find last minute bookings!!where is it
I don't think there is one as such you just fill in when you would like to travel and at step 2 click on "find the lowest fares" you can then select the cheapest around the dates you have specified. Well that's what we do anyway. :wink:

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:44 pm

The point here is.......
I had processed a booking for myself to come out next week (23rd) and when I got to the payment page a pop-up advised that there was a "bonus" cheap flight available by entering the site
www.easyjet.com/january
As I understood it, it was a "reward" for booking my existing flight. It appears to be exactly that and, having booked a flight(s) you get the option of booking more at the reduced rate of £10 each way including fees/taxes. Moral is, book one and get the chance of the bonus!!

Good Luck

Gus

scarlet
Resident

cheap

Postby scarlet » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:36 pm

you cant beat ba.com 39 euros to gatwick, food and newspapers and extra leg room for everyone

marchamona
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: cheap

Postby marchamona » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:02 am

Newspapers??

Fly to Heathrow often with BA, but the newspapers were stopped a while ago I thought.

Can sometimes get one ex Heathrow just before boarding, but never out from Malaga.

costapacket
Resident

Postby costapacket » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:38 pm

Safeashouses I have never flown with easyjet. Is it like Ryanair where they don't allocate a seat when you check in and it's every man for himself when you get on the plane? Can't you prebook seats??

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:17 pm

As far as I am aware you can't pre-book seats. As I explained above in my opinion Speedy Boarding is the way to go.

The following link explains about their boarding procedure http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Flying/boarding.html

If you have no hold baggage you can check-in on-line.

Also if you are on an early morning flight you can check your baggage in the night before after 20.00 hrs.
Last edited by safeashouses on Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

costapacket
Resident

Postby costapacket » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:05 pm

Well I think you must be right. There is no way I want to be in the SA group, thanks very much, no matter how desperate I get for a seat. :lol:

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:40 pm

costapacket wrote:There is no way I want to be in the SA group, thanks very much, no matter how desperate I get for a seat. :lol:
You mean you don't intend ever taking your grandchildren on holiday to Spain with you. :?: :shock: :wink:

Group A : (reserved for passengers who have checked in online, and the first 30 people who check in at the airport) :?

I have to say I saw no evidence of anyone falling into this category on my last flight. :?

costapacket
Resident

Postby costapacket » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:11 pm

:shock:
You mean you don't intend ever taking your grandchildren on holiday to Spain with you.
God no. It's been bad enough taking my own kids, never mind someone elses. I think we'll travel separately like the Royal family :lol:
Group A : (reserved for passengers who have checked in online, and the first 30 people who check in at the airport)

I have to say I saw no evidence of anyone falling into this category on my last flight.
Well you wouldn't have done. You were streets ahead of everyone else and setting up camp in those extra legroom seats. Don't you remember all the people who got on the plane after you?? :lol:

pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Postby pigs-might-fly » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:36 pm

I think easyJet's newest planes have more legroom as standard, but the seat backs don't recline. On these the emergency seat's legroom seems no different from the all others, though.
I travelled from EMA to AGP on Jan. 1st, I was in group B and I still got one of the emergency seats on the 'plane model where this does make a difference.
Oh yes, the cabin staff now have nice new designs for their uniforms and at last look like proper flight attendants!

mijas-lady
Resident

Postby mijas-lady » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:13 pm

Well never say never for SA seats I have travelled with this 4 times in the past 3 months-to accompany my dad who is 89 back and forward(my mum caught the super bug in hospital and died-they had been together 66 yrs) :cry: .I asked for this so he didnt get caught in the rush or hold others up as his only problem is that he walks slow!!

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:11 pm

So sorry about your Mum, 66 years together what an achievement I hope you and your Dad are managing to cope as well as possible with your loss.

Did your Mum catch the superbug in a UK hospital?

Good on your Dad for travelling, my Mum now 92 has for 25 years refused to travel to Spain to see our holiday home. :(

Don

Postby Don » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:21 pm

Loads of thoughts here. Safeashouses, I managed to get my Mum on a plane to Spain at 95 years old after my Dad died a few months before. It wasnt easy and I really think it was our last chance. She enjoyed the sun and incredibly went in the pool twice as she has always loved to swim. It was hard work from the time we arrived at the home after flying in to get her back to Heathrow (as was the Iberia flight then) and off the plane to our home which she had only visited before with Dad. She has never liked flying and special assistance just made it all possible. Now I wonder if and how I could ever get her here again. So frustrating to conclude that neither plane nor train nor vehicle cannot provide the service.

And to put the time scale she is now 97.